Ray Lamontagne Anyone?

sr1sag

Went to see him at the Rescue Rooms in Nottingham early last year (I think) and he was great but the crowd were awful - only wanted to hear Trouble and shouted that all teh way through though Im sure that wouldnt happen at the City Hall. On the flip side though he wasnt great at engaging with the crowd and looked very awkward on stage so im not sure how that would work at the City Hall (but he has had a years extra practice).

If you like gigs then go for it but I wouldnt expect a show so if that would dissapoint you then sit at home with some wine and listen to the CD.

Awesome - I saw him at the Bridgewater hall in Manchester last year and he was great, he is a very emotional performer, dont expect rocking in the isles, his latest alsbum is much darker and than Trouble.

Great performer and I will be there on the 31st Jan at the City Hall.

He has been known to walk of stage when people talk through his songs:thumbsup:

I saw him about a year and a half ago at Manchester Academy 2. I was completely blown away by how good his voice sounded- one of those proper spine-tingling moments when he launched into his first song (Burn). He was reserved on stage (as usual it seems) but the crowd were respectful and were all there purely to hear the music rather than expecting a full-on show.

I'd been thinking about getting tickets for City Hall for months, but decided against it, mostly because I preferred Trouble to 'Til The Sun Turns Black. I don't have the same enthusiasm to see him now that I did when I'd been listening to Trouble non-stop for months on end.

If I'd not already managed to see him, I would without doubt have bought tickets for the City Hall gig as soon as I'd heard about it.

Archived