New Plans To Merge Sufc And Swfc?

surg

There is an understanding in football circles that a Roman Abramovich type figure is looking to buy into football in Sheffield in a big way but only if both clubs are prepared to merge. I assume this is so both grounds can be sold off to raise funds for a super stadium thereby enabling the new owner/owners to spend their vast wealth on top players. What do you think.

There is an understanding in football circles that a Roman Abramovich type figure is looking to buy into football in Sheffield in a big way but only if both clubs are prepared to merge. I assume this is so both grounds can be sold off to raise funds for a super stadium thereby enabling the new owner/owners to spend their vast wealth on top players. What do you think.

Yep, heard rumours like that before its probably just a load of rubbish

Never going to happen.

WE will not sit side by side !!

Never will happen....:rant:

Roman Abramovich should spend his money on a physiatrist.

His money cant buy Club loyalty, Be it owl or Blade.

Dream on Abramovich.

Why would we want/need to sit side by side with them?????????????????

biggest load of old balls i've heard since the last time i heard it!!!!

come on then - where did you hear it?

"Some mate, who knows this kid, who saw this business man in a pub, who knows this millionaire, who's in business with this other geezer.... blah blah blah"

----------

Wednesday fans wouldn't want to murge with US, and we certainly have NO NEED to murge with them!!!!

yup, I have heard this rumour.. frequently, along with the suggestion that we take the white stripe from the wednesday shirt, and the red stripe from united's...

the "sheffield" bit from the wednesday's name, and the "united" bit from sufc...

etc etc, lol...

Archived