New Plans To Merge Sufc And Swfc?

surg

And that's why Southerners United didn't start in the first qualifying round of the FA Cup some years ago when they were in Brazil then?

As they never fulfilled their initial mandatory fixture, under the rules of the FA....

If the FA asks you not to play in a tournament, there IS no mandatory fixture.

OK when Man U & Man City, Everton & Liverpool, Birmingham & Villa, Wolves & West Brom, Arsenal & Spurs and Rangers & Celtic have done it I will be in favour of it.

So that means never I presume, anyway it would mean that me and CB would have to agree with each other and that would never do. ;)

so how come "franchise FC"( - the MK dons) didn't have to do this, when they went from Wimbledon to Milton Keynes?

they had a different name, a different ground, indeed a different city/ town, (they moved nearly 100 miles away!) so why was it that they were able to do this, and remain in the division they were in, and not have to start again from the bottom, as other teams allegedly would? (I'm just asking out of curiosity, not saying Sheffield should do this, BTW)

Because it wasn't a different team; it was the same one, but relocated. The question was whether they should be allowed to relocate so far from their 'spiritual' home, AND keep the name. They were allowed to relocate, but had to change the name.

It was, and still is, a disgrace. Up the AFC Wimbledon!

There is an understanding in football circles that a Roman Abramovich type figure is looking to buy into football in Sheffield in a big way but only if both clubs are prepared to merge. I assume this is so both grounds can be sold off to raise funds for a super stadium thereby enabling the new owner/owners to spend their vast wealth on top players. What do you think.

This rumour sounds like summat you,d read in the daily sport along with the front page, woman gives birth to an alien.

It will never happen certainly not in our lifetime

In the end money will talk and after all Sheffield as won one small cup in the last 70 years, the nickname will be the pigs and will enter the field to a sea of grunts last heard at Hillsbro in the early thirties.

So what happens to the Blades then ? :o :o :o

Archived