Wortley Hall, Sheffield.

In the early 1950s I bought some shares in Wortley Hall to finance the restoration work being done at the time by members of the Communist, Labour, & Co-Op Parties with the excepted view that they would not ever return a dividend. Over the years I've often pondered what happened to shareholding's. Has anyone any news?

In the early 1950s I bought some shares in Wortley Hall to finance the restoration work being done at the time by members of the Communist, Labour, & Co-Op Parties with the excepted view that they would not ever return a dividend. Over the years I've often pondered what happened to shareholding's. Has anyone any news?

You could be a millionaire!

You could be a millionaire!

Hope so in by old age!!! It would be nice to know or read any research that's been done regarding the Hall. Once it was only suitable for pulling down. But some one got an idea to develop it as a workers conference & holiday home.

The shares were sold as a token gesture for funding the project.

The intention of making money out of them never ever thought of or intended.

Thank you, I'm now in contact via E-Mail.

It would be interesting to know if anyone as put together a brief article regarding its developement from 1950 to the present day.

I work in Wortley, we do most of the wedding flowers for The Wortley Hall and my daughter is a part time waitress there, next time I'm in I will try and get some information for you.

It's amazing to think that The hall just housed one family before it was owned by the unions,its a lovely house in a great setting.

I work in Wortley, we do most of the wedding flowers for The Wortley Hall and my daughter is a part time waitress there, next time I'm in I will try and get some information for you.

It's amazing to think that The hall just housed one family before it was owned by the unions,its a lovely house in a great setting.

In the mid 1950s I stayed over night several times and really enjoyed it.

But time passes, things move on, interest change along with responsibilities, But fundermentally my heart knows that the oppinions that I held in the 1950s were the right ones.

Hi Albert,

Yes they have and it's available to buy from Wortley. It is a fascinating place, from the Sylvia Pankhurst Library to the AEU and FBU lounges - they host a good wedding too!

JT

All being well i will be on the future walk which passess close to the Hall and I'll arrange to buy the book at the hall then. If anyone else taking part, fancys having a nebby at the hall then, it will give them a opportunity.

Thank you for letting me know.

Archived