The Highest Mileage cars -how many miles do cars do these days?

Mine has done 91000, and thought it was a beast, the George Foreman of the car world.

BUT then

Last Saturday I got into a Private hire Taxi, an R reg Toyota Avensis, and it had 282000 on the clock, and not broke down the taxi man bragged

Made my car look like a smaller than average bloke, standing next to Linford Christie in the showers (if you get my meaning).

How many miles can cars go? just wondering how much life my car has in it. and are Toyota Avensis really this indestructable?

The taxi I drive has 160k on it (3 year old Citreon), and drives like new.

In my experience you won't get much more out a Renault after 100k.

My last taxi (Nissan) had 120k when I sold it 2 years ago, and I've seen it still driving around with RCA stickers on.

Guess it depends on how you look after it, and an element of luck too. My Fiat Bravo (bought nearly new) only lasted about 80k and it died. And yet my current personal car is a M-reg Mondeo(85k), had it 2 years and not one breakdown, and I've not looked after it at all, just a run around.:)

My husband has just sold a Ford transit Tourneo minbus 03 plate it has done 330,000 miles and been a credit to its drivers, looks pristine throughout and will probably do the same if it is maintained and looked after as this has been

My husband has just sold a Ford transit Tourneo minbus 03 plate it has done 330,000 miles and been a credit to its drivers, looks pristine throughout and will probably do the same if it is maintained and looked after as this has been

I now feel like a man who has got a tiny winkle, standing in the shower, next to a man with a monster.

91000 miles...pathetic, I was proud of my car not now

I now feel like a man who has got a tiny winkle, standing in the shower, next to a man with a monster.

91000 miles...pathetic, I was proud of my car not now

Cars are like people ..............boring ones will rust in the garage, interesting ones will do a heap load of miles and stupid ones will crash and burn .............

Archived