Should we have more information about Sex Offenders?

Should we have more information about Sex Offenders or should they have the righ to anonimity that is afforded them at present. I came across this in the Times today and saw how many are living in amongst us. South Yorkshire has 90 very high risk sex offenders. Derbyshire has 27. Should we have information as to where they live, or do they have the right to remain hidden.

owdlad.

Here's a link to all the information

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1194896,00.html

No, We shouldn't need any personal info about sex offenders.

I don't want to know that a nonce is living at the end of the street I want to know that the nonce isn't living at the end of the street.

Those convicted of such offences should be detained indefinitely even for 'minor sexual offences'.

How do we find out if there is a sex offender living on our road. Cos I for one would like to know who to protect my children from.

you don't, you assume that this is not the case and leave the police to deal with the issue

if you somehow do find out there is a sex offender living on your street you report them to the police and let them investigate, and that is all you do, after all you may be wrong

"Sex offender" - no.

Already pointed out, "sex offender" is not the same as "paedophile"

But paedophiles are sex offenders. Just because a sex offender was not convicted of a paedophile offense, doesn't mean they're not a threat to children.

It doesn't mean they are a threat to children either.

And by that logic, I would assume you have not been convicted of a paedophile offence, but you must still be a threat to children....

But I am not a convicted sex offender so why would you assume that?

Are you saying you would trust a convicted sex offender with a child?

Lets not forget that sex attacks are about one person exerting their power and dominance over another with violence. A child will not be immune from their nature just because they were not convicted of an offence against a child.

Here we go

I think Bobo wants to sharper his pitchfork!!!

Why are you attacking me? I just want to keep my children safe. As a parent I think I have the right to know if there is a sex offender living on my road. I have never once said anything about harming anyone. I want to keep my children safe, if that makes me wrong then there is something wrong with the world

So are you saying that parents don't have the right to be able to keep their children safe and anyone that wants to is an uneducated vigelante

The is keeping your child safe and running around the streets with placards saying "pedofile out.

Normally its the latter when you find out someone with that kinda of conviction is living near by

Archived