Should we have more information about Sex Offenders?

I have never said I would act on any information. I simply believe that a parent should have the right to access the register and all I seem to get is replies on how dangerous that would be. I would put any persons rights to protect their loved ones above the rights of a sex offender any day and if that makes me a bad person then so be it

and I have given you reasons, which you have not responded to, why the general population should not have access to such a register

just to recap they are

vigilantism - not necessarily by yourself

and

errors in the register incriminating the innocent

Thanks for the help guys you've made me realise wot a fool I am for wanting to keep my kids safe. I've sure learnt my lesson and from now on will be letting my children roam and do wot they want and just hope that no harm comes to them

Well worked when my parents let me grow up as a kid, there was no man in a green mac offering sweets lurking in the bushes

I have never said I would act on any information. I simply believe that a parent should have the right to access the register and all I seem to get is replies on how dangerous that would be. I would put any persons rights to protect their loved ones above the rights of a sex offender any day and if that makes me a bad person then so be it

OK. Let's put it another way. Do you have a reason to suspect anybody in your vicinity of being a threat to your, or anyone else's kids?

I do keep my childrensafe. They don't play out , they don't go to the shops alone. But sometime or other you have to let them make their own way to school. The bit about not doing it on their own doorstep, have you heard the saying we covert wot we see everyday

Thanks for the help guys you've made me realise wot a fool I am for wanting to keep my kids safe. I've sure learnt my lesson and from now on will be letting my children roam and do wot they want and just hope that no harm comes to them

no, Bobo. I would far prefer that you'd seen yourself for a fool in wanting to cotton wool your children.

I'd much prefer that your children not turn out to be agoraphobic suspicious adults, and unable to take pleasure in the simple things in life that are a child's right:- to run about, get grubby, to graze the occasional knee, to poke about in a pond with just a stick, a piece of string, and a bent pin. To explore, to keep that sense of wonder about the beautiful world we live in.

How is their Uncle Bob, by the way?

Depends how old they are and where you live i have lived near a fairly small town most of my life "high wycombe" and i have been on the prowl here and abouts since i was 8 with little or no supervision, because my parents realised that hoping your child is safe is about as much influence as you can have if you want them to grow up to be well adjusted independent social members of society.

Keeping your children in a bubble is fine for your piece of mind but does nothing for your children.

i think you are right we should know who lives in our strret there could be one next door to your child

same arguments for you as well

how do you prevent vigilantism ?

and

how do you prevent mistakes that harm the innocent ?

I don't really care if ppl wandered or still wander round the streets cos my children are all under secondary school age and I think if more parents knew where their children were at night the better the world would be but that's a different story. Wot I'm saying is I heard a rumour yes a rumour and wot I'm saying is I would rather be able to find out the truth than listen to rumours or spend time worrying. As fir other ppl being vigilantes I don't care about that either. I am not a vigelante but I would not lose sleep if something happened to a proven sex offender. Sexual deprevation is not a life choice it is a way of life as is being gay or straight therefore it can not be cured or solved by rehabilitation. No matter how responsible your child is it would be no match fir the power and strength of an adult who wanted to snatch that child. So in my view prevention is better than a cure. That is my final word cos I'm bored of all the do gooders with their offenders have rights too attitudes. Thankyou and good night

Archived