Should we have more information about Sex Offenders?

I don't really care if ppl wandered or still wander round the streets cos my children are all under secondary school age and I think if more parents knew where their children were at night the better the world would be but that's a different story. Wot I'm saying is I heard a rumour yes a rumour and wot I'm saying is I would rather be able to find out the truth than listen to rumours or spend time worrying. As fir other ppl being vigilantes I don't care about that either. I am not a vigelante but I would not lose sleep if something happened to a proven sex offender. Sexual deprevation is not a life choice it is a way of life as is being gay or straight therefore it can not be cured or solved by rehabilitation. No matter how responsible your child is it would be no match fir the power and strength of an adult who wanted to snatch that child. So in my view prevention is better than a cure. That is my final word cos I'm bored of all the do gooders with their offenders have rights too attitudes. Thankyou and good night

No parent in they're right mind would have their children out at night without knowing where they are, if they do then they aren't much of a parent.

So you aren't a vigilante but you condone vigilantism, at least we cleared that up.

I have never said I would act on any information. I simply believe that a parent should have the right to access the register and all I seem to get is replies on how dangerous that would be. I would put any persons rights to protect their loved ones above the rights of a sex offender any day and if that makes me a bad person then so be it

Stop being so dramatic, you've not been accused of being bad. You have opinions and your opinions are as valid as the next person...the next person may not agree with you but that doesn't make your opinion any less, or theirs.

You are not unique...most parents want to protect their children. By giving out the information not only puts children at risk (forcing perps underground) but it also puts you at risk as an adult. Because of the way you feel I guess you would be screaming against your proposal if you were the target of mistaken identity. Yes you may be innocent but poo sticks especially to those that probably don't give a damn about kids but would use it to go on the rampage just for the kick of it. Names are similar, Street names are similar, as people we are similar. The knuckledragger doesn't need any of the above excuses to get his/her kicks...so why make it easier?

In all honesty your time would be better served by educating/informing your children. As a parent I do but you have to strike a balance between informing them and scaring the crap out of them.

Well ok, how is a serial rapist that attacks brown haired women aged 25-35 a threat to children?

Sex Offender =/= threat to children

Would you leave a child in the care of a serial rapist then? Just yes or no please?

Can you explain why all sex offenders are barred from working with children? If they really are no threat, surely the experts would allow sex offenders to work with children, unless they were convicted of offences against children.

Would you leave a child in the care of a serial rapist then? Just yes or no please?

Can you explain why all sex offenders are barred from working with children? If they really are no threat, surely the experts would allow sex offenders to work with children, unless they were convicted of offences against children.

MJ, that comment is on a par with the question "When did you stop beating your wife".

MJ, (and bobo) that's the "All dogs" argument.

All dalmatians are dogs therefore all dogs are Dalmations...

No. All paedophiles are sex offenders, but not all sex offenders are paedophiles.

I do not accept your trivialisation of the issue by making a faux comparison with dogs.

MJ, that comment is on a par with the question "When did you stop beating your wife".

It is a perfectly apt question.

I would consider any sex offender a threat to children, that is why all sex offenders are barred from working with children AND vulnerable adults, do you disagree?

If you are going to argue that some sex offenders (a serial rapist was the example given) are perfectly safe for children to be around, you should be prepared to answer whether you would leave a child with them, or even want them in contact in school, or be happy with them living next door if you have kids.

I don't really care if ppl wandered or still wander round the streets cos my children are all under secondary school age and I think if more parents knew where their children were at night the better the world would be but that's a different story. Wot I'm saying is I heard a rumour yes a rumour and wot I'm saying is I would rather be able to find out the truth than listen to rumours or spend time worrying. As fir other ppl being vigilantes I don't care about that either. I am not a vigelante but I would not lose sleep if something happened to a proven sex offender. Sexual deprevation is not a life choice it is a way of life as is being gay or straight therefore it can not be cured or solved by rehabilitation. No matter how responsible your child is it would be no match fir the power and strength of an adult who wanted to snatch that child. So in my view prevention is better than a cure. That is my final word cos I'm bored of all the do gooders with their offenders have rights too attitudes. Thankyou and good night

I'm saying if they are offenders they should be punished but that is not your job it's the authorities job.

I'm saying what if the rumour is wrong ? what if someone with a grudge started a rumour against an innocent person, how can you tell ?

I'm saying you don't follow up on a rumour yourself but if it really worries you you tell the authorities and if nothing happens then you stop worrying because the authorities will have investigated and found nothing.

Archived