Mountain Bike Routes In & Around Sheffield

Wharncliffe woods is a cracking place for downhillers and singletrack. Its quite weird cycling through the woods..You wouldn't believe you were only 5 mins from civilisation. There are so many little tracks you can take of the main routes and you can ride for 2 hours round and round then before you realise it you are back where you started.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi..

Got my boyfriend a mountain bike for Chrimbob, and he's getting a little tired of just cycling out to Redmires Reservior.

Anyone know of any decent routes in the Peaks he could try? Especially anyones around Castleton and Wynatts Pass?

Cheers!

If he only rides as far as Redmires, tell him to carry on up the Roman Road, over Stanage and drop down into the Hope Valley!

Then the trails around Hathersage, Castleton, Hope etc are all within easy reach.

Although there's nothing quite so threatening as looking back up to Stanage edge, knowing that at some point you're gonna have to climb back up over it to get home! :)

There's a few good route guides for this area - tell him to buy a copy of "Dark Peak Mountain Biking" - available from the Singletrackworld shop:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/shop/acatalog/Books___Guides.html

:thumbsup:

Hey there

depends where you are to start off with, i like Mayfield valley, starting at hunters bar roundabout & heading up to forge damn & then to ringinglow, maybe then up to burbage edge & on the trail to fox house!, not addored by ramblers that last bit but hey!, rules are made to be broken!

I sometimes cycle out to Edale & then back through Hope & to Hathersage & then home to Sheff!

Me thinks you have to hit a bit of road occasionally, for a mtb user!

Rom

Archived