New bar opened in Kelham Island - Fantastic!

I went to the Milestone for the first time last night and I have to say, I am very impressed!!!

Not only is it relaxing, modern, stylish etc inside, they serve fantastic food and even have local real ale (pale rider) on tap!

Here's a link for the website if you want to take a look.

Its definately THE place to be!

http://www.the-milestone.co.uk/index.php

This place looks really nice - we're round that area tonight, so I think we will call in.

Is this the unit that has been empty for a while near where they're building the new apartments?

not sure where you're referring to, but the milestone is located on green lane (towards the shalesmoor end) and is joing on to cornish place (where the big chimney is)

here's a pic of the building with scaffolding on before they started renovating it

http://citysnapper.org/chantrey/sheffield/photos2_2003/2003022329shalesmoor.jpg

So after months of waiting this place has finally opened has it? Must have been pretty recently (and fairly quickly).

I will definitely be calling in en-route to see if its up to much. Probably tonight. :)

Anyone know how many hand-pumps are on?

Edit: Just had a butchers at the menu. Looks pretty good.

what beer they got whats the prices like what food do they serve, after all these questions i'm off for a drink.

On Tap

Draught

Amstel

Staropramen

Stella Artois

Murphy’s Stout

Leffe Blonde

Leffe Brune

Cruzcampo

Wheat Beer

Caines Handpull Lager

Kelham

Bottles

Peroni

Sol

Harbin

Brahma

Becks

Bellvue Kriek

Bellvue Framboise

Smirnoff Ice

Sabai

Quinns

Magners

St. Helier Pear Cider

Moosehead

Brooklyn

Rolling Rock

They also carry a full selection of wines, spirits and other beverages.

Prices are generally that of any central up market bar, not exactly cheap, but we're not talking hotel or London prices either, food however I think is very well priced!

:thumbsup:

How do you actually get to kelham island?

edit - i know theres a map on the link but i ment driving with the road works

The new roundabout is the easiest way to get here (at shalesmoor) follow the sign for Kelham Island and within seconds you'll see the pub! easy peasy!

Looks to me a victory of "style over substance". I may be wrong, but any public drinking establishment that is so embarrassed by the word 'pub' that it calls itself a 'bar' is not the kind I'd feel comfortable in.

And if you go to all the trouble of setting up a fancy website but can't even be bothered to say what beers are on handpump (what on earth is "Kelham"), I can see many potential customers heading round the corner to the Fat Cat or Kelham Island Tavern instead.

Archived