New bar opened in Kelham Island - Fantastic!

I went to the Milestone for the first time last night and I have to say, I am very impressed!!!

Not only is it relaxing, modern, stylish etc inside, they serve fantastic food and even have local real ale (pale rider) on tap!

Here's a link for the website if you want to take a look.

Its definately THE place to be!

http://www.the-milestone.co.uk/index.php

was driving around there earlier tonite jen.....its such a sinister place i find, that whole area by the fat cat....poorly lit, forbidding buildings.....is it really that good? friend of mine has just moved into one of the flats there and was raving bout this new pub too....but give me ecclesall road any day!

If you don't want to be distracted by a television in a pub, then don't sit in view of it, it's not rocket science. I think it's a good thing personally, there are businesses close-by and the bar often has people drinking/eating alone on their breaks who appreciate the news being shown.

was driving around there earlier tonite jen.....its such a sinister place i find, that whole area by the fat cat....poorly lit, forbidding buildings.....is it really that good? friend of mine has just moved into one of the flats there and was raving bout this new pub too....but give me ecclesall road any day!

I know what you mean about the lighting, its an ongoing issue that us residents are trying to resolve with the council, but you know what the council can be like.

This whole area is being redeveloped and is getting better and better as the months progress. It's part of a huge regeneration programm with millions of pounds being spent to improve the area.

I'd expect by the end of the year it'll be completely different again!

Has work started on the 'Brooklyn Bridge' yet?

I'm still confused as to where its going to be. Eddy and Pat at the Gardeners have probably tried to explain it to me several times, but after 6 pints of Bradfield Stout I never quite get it. :)

Has work started on the 'Brooklyn Bridge' yet?

I'm still confused as to where its going to be. Eddy and Pat at the Gardeners have probably tried to explain it to me several times, but after 6 pints of Bradfield Stout I never quite get it. :)

not started yet, its meant to be from the end of the (dead end) path that overlooks the weir behind brooklyn works and joining to the back of Kelham island.

Go on google earth and put in postcose s3 8sh and look at the weir - the bridge will the there.:thumbsup:

Just a further update.

I went to The Milestone again this afternoon. We started a tab and stayed there from 3pm till 10pm, waiter's service etc. Made me feel very posh!

We ordered a few tapas dishes and I have to say the food was AMAZING. If you're going to go here, I'd recommend the Morroccan lamb tapas dish - I have to say this is the BEST I've EVER had. My husband said he could have eaten a bucket of it! Gorgeous!

I also had a dessert, again BEAUTIFUL, really can't complain at all.

I did speak to the owner about the fact that there only seemed to be a couple of dishes for veggies, and he said that they can russle something up thats not on the menu if anyone requests it, so again - fantastic!

Get yourselves down there......!!!:thumbsup:

Archived