New bar opened in Kelham Island - Fantastic!

To be fair to Jen she lives in (and seems very enthusiastic about) the locality of the Milestone, and the place is a very different and welcomed addition to the area. While it won't be to everyone's liking, I imagine to many local residents its a breath of fresh air. I'm glad some people are enthusiastic about the place, it could be their make or break.

I could big up my favourite boozers just as much. :)

I hope to sample the food after my holidays.

I agree with Red Wizard - give it a rest with the nauseating praise. You're obviously connected to the place in some way, its pretty obvious by all the superlatives you pour onto the place: "the BEST food EVER in the WHOLE WORLD" Anytime anyone offers a word of criticism you jump in and defend the place - enoughs enough - such shameless self-promotion leaves a bad taste.

Jen - I've read this thread with interest and plan to check the place out, Shalesmoor is already a great place for a pub crawl.

The only thing which is bugging me is the extent of your praise of the place: you've gone to great effort to praise it repeatedly in the most incredibly glowing terms, are aware of planning limitations when it was being designed and even mention that you know the owner has checked out the thread you've started here. Have you got any particular interest in it?

Having said that, cheers for bringing my attention to it and a load of us are heading down there this week (still think you should really own up if you are linked to the place though!)

I know what you mean - it does sound a bit suspect:suspect: I can honestly say that I am in no way connected to this establishment other than living down the road!

I've been in twice and the second time it was the opening night and I mentioned that i'd started a thread on SF and they said theyd already seen it - the reason I know about the building is because I'm the sort of person who takes a keen interest in the history of the buildings (including where I live which is a listed building) in the area that I live in I live in cornish place which is what the milestone is attached to..:thumbsup:

I'm going to give it another try this weekend so I'll report back again - i'll be completely honest, if I have a bad experience I'll say so!

edited to add - ookook - please dont be presumptive, I'm in no way connect with this place other than living down the road. I'm a full time mortgage advisor and my fella is a fireman, the last thing I'd be involved in is the running of a bar/rastaurant, as meaks said I'm just very supportive of the new place as it my local and I think it is a great addition to the area. check out my previous posts before making a presumptive decision about me.

I know what you mean - it does sound a bit suspect:suspect: I can honestly say that I am in no way connected to this establishment other than living down the road!

I've been in twice and the second time it was the opening night and I mentioned that i'd started a thread on SF and they said theyd already seen it - the reason I know about the building is because I'm the sort of person who takes a keen interest in the history of the buildings (including where I live which is a listed building) in the area that I live in I live in cornish place which is what the milestone is attached to..:thumbsup:

I'm going to give it another try this weekend so I'll report back again - i'll be completely honest, if I have a bad experience I'll say so!

edited to add - ookook - please dont be presumptive, I'm in no way connect with this place other than living down the road. I'm a full time mortgage advisor and my fella is a fireman, the last thing I'd be involved in is the running of a bar/rastaurant, as meaks said I'm just very supportive of the new place as it my local and I think it is a great addition to the area. check out my previous posts before making a presumptive decision about me.

Good for you, nice to see someone championing a local bar that is worth shouting about. :thumbsup:

edited to add - ookook - please dont be presumptive, I'm in no way connect with this place other than living down the road. I'm a full time mortgage advisor and my fella is a fireman, .

full time mortgage advisor,fireman, living in a £120,000 property, it,s probably only people like yourselfs go in there then, after all you will be able to afford it, i suppose it keeps the riff raff out, we don't want to lower the tone of the up and coming neighbourhood now, do we.

My few visits to the Milestone I have been quite impressed. It's a very nice, smart place with a bit of style and character and the staff are friendly. It's not the cheapest place but you pay for quality. That said, the real ale is £2.20 a pint which isn't exactly extortionate!

edited to add - ookook - please dont be presumptive, I'm in no way connect with this place other than living down the road. I'm a full time mortgage advisor and my fella is a fireman, .

full time mortgage advisor,fireman, living in a £120,000 property, it,s probably only people like yourselfs go in there then, after all you will be able to afford it, i suppose it keeps the riff raff out, we don't want to lower the tone of the up and coming neighbourhood now, do we.

Not sure where that post came from. :loopy: :loopy: Talking absolute nonsense.

Not sure where that post came from. :loopy: :loopy: Talking absolute nonsense.

Exactly what I thought. coundn't tell if they're being sarcastic or serious.

My flat in fact cost A LOT more than £120k and I have a huge mortgage payment - I prob have less day to day money than most people, oh, and a baby on the way - so I suppose we save some money as I only drink fizzy water! lol:huh:

Archived