New bar opened in Kelham Island - Fantastic!

Well, the full drinking circuit in the area is

Harlequin (Nursery Street)

Riverside (Mowbray Street)

Fat Cat (Alma Street)

Kelham Island Tavern (Russell Street)

Milestone (Green Lane)

Gardeners Rest (Neepsend Lane)

New Barrack Tavern (Penistone Road)

Hillsborough Hotel (Langsett Road)

Cask & Cutler (Henry Street)

Ship Inn (Shalesmoor)

Old Crown (Scotland Street)

Red House (Solly Street)

Fagans

These are my favourites:-

Riverside (Mowbray Street)

Fat Cat (Alma Street)

Kelham Island Tavern (Russell Street)

Milestone (Green Lane)

Gardeners Rest (Neepsend Lane)

Sorry Ally68 liked it so much. Owls are very special in my family, will knock it off it you want.

I don't mind really, just that it can be confoosing sometimes. I chop and change my avatar from time to time so maybe I'll find another one. Glad you like it anyway.

Sorry for going off subject!

If you buy a cruzcampo at the mo, you get the chance to win tickets to the game on wed at Old Trafford, winner gets a call tomorrow. Late notice I know, so pop down tonight if interested!

It's really good to hear fond things being said of the place, I'm having a great time working there and the owners are very lovely peeps. The service in the first few weeks has been slow at some points so apologies to anyone who had a bad experience, but this will improve quickly over time, guaranteed!

Adios x

well, myself and my husband went to the Milestone again on today, we watched the footy scores coming through and shared a gorgeous pizza!!!! mmmmmmm! We both had a great day!

One thing though (which isn't the Milestone's fault), is that my husband can have an allergic reaction to candles - even the unscented ones...... He actually said that he wont go in again in an evening because of the candles.

Personally I love them and I think it sets a really relaxing atmosphere in the evening, but I suppose we cant go in if its going to make my husband poorly.... :(

Won't be bothering going there again much after this evening, unless we are passing by for a pint.

A group of us got a taxi there for some tea rather than eating in town - no Dining Room menu, no 'Gastro' menu - just pizzas and tapas. The whole lot is overpiced to start with, but some choice would have been nice (and would have made us stay). If its a reduced menu on a Sunday then fine - but please make it clear before people waste their time and money.

Not impressed.

Archived