What Social Class do you think you belong to and why?

Can somebody be working class if they don't work, and never have?

ah that old chestnut

working class doesnt literly mean your working, its your class

back in the good old days everybody prolly was working, down the mines, up the chimneys

ah that old chestnut

working class doesnt literly mean your working, its your class

back in the good old days everybody prolly was working, down the mines, up the chimneys

I don't disagree at all - I was just interested in opinions.

There are upper class people who don't work, and there are very wealthy people who are working class.

As other posters have suggested, it's not down to family back ground either, as people can evolve and rise from their roots - just as easily as they can decline - but on the whole it is manners that maketh man, not money.

I have no idea what class I am. My father was a craftsman / labourer(carpenter) , my mum was a cleaning lady.

That would make me working class, I assume, until I started work myself. Going by the list above, I could fit anywhere from 1.2 to 4 depending upon how you define what I do. :)

I've always called myself 'Educated Working Class'. A Joe Class, rather tahn anyone else's. :)

What 'class' would the skip-rats who doss around on the street corners and in the 'bookies' all day be in?

Surely they can't be judged to be in the same class as the bloke who drives the bus or the lass who serves me at Tesco, nor the youth who serves the tasteless at McDonalds.

What 'class' would the skip-rats who doss around on the street corners and in the 'bookies' all day be in?

Surely they can't be judged to be in the same class as the bloke who drives the bus or the lass who serves me at Tesco, nor the youth who serves the tasteless at McDonalds.

'Chavclass'?

im afraid the majority of em would still be working class

the underclass are those who slip the net...homeless, tramps etc

Archived