What Social Class do you think you belong to and why?

im afraid the majority of em would still be working class

the underclass are those who slip the net...homeless, tramps etc

That's an interesting one. Would the underclasss extend to those who will always exist on a combination of benefits and petty theft? The local Manor drug peddlar, the Pitsmoor mugger, the Low Edges garage thief? They're the sirt of people who are outside of the system except for their gyros, and unlikely ever to pay tax.

That's an interesting one. Would the underclasss extend to those who will always exist on a combination of benefits and petty theft? The local Manor drug peddlar, the Pitsmoor mugger, the Low Edges garage thief? They're the sirt of people who are outside of the system except for their gyros, and unlikely ever to pay tax.

well i dunno about petty theives

i suppose the underclass also goes for criminals who are actually hidden from view, on the run etc....completely dodging ALL things that society throws at em?

well i dunno about petty theives

i suppose the underclass also goes for criminals who are actually hidden from view, on the run etc....completely dodging ALL things that society throws at em?

What about Jade? surely this has got be an even different class altogether?

Human beings are social animals. One of their primary drives/instincts is to 'fit in'. This characteristic of 'fitting in', often quite repulsive and contemptible to an external observer, is the defining factor in what 'class' you are.

If it is done unconvincingly and your associates view you as 'other' than themselves, then that is the determinant of your class.

If it is done effectively then your antecedents are wholly immaterial.

Welcome back BF/NC etc etc etc....:)

• 5 years later...

What I have never understood is why northerners and Sheffielders in particular are obsessed with your class and where are you from? Why does it matter so much?

I know people love an identity and hate success up here but why does sounding primitive and biblical make you better and everyone else is a intrusive outsider?

Archived