What Social Class do you think you belong to and why?

Apparently everyone north of Watford is working class - according to several southern jessies I have to work with.

Did you see that TV programme about the class system where a couple of chavs said that they were middle class; they couldn't be working class because they didn't work. Lol. Should there be a benefit class?

Apparently everyone north of Watford is working class - according to several southern jessies I have to work with.

Did you see that TV programme about the class system where a couple of chavs said that they were middle class; they couldn't be working class because they didn't work. Lol. Should there be a benefit class?

There is it's the underclass, though lots of people don't like it as it's used to mock those that are out of work. Most people who are out of work are so temporarily.

What I have never understood is why northerners and Sheffielders in particular are obsessed with your class and where are you from? Why does it matter so much?

I know people love an identity and hate success up here but why does sounding primitive and biblical make you better and everyone else is a intrusive outsider?

So says the person with Jesus as an avatar!!!

Are you regarded as an 'intrusive outsider' by people from Sheffield Green Web? Perhaps that doesn't have anything to do with your previous place of residence & more to do with something else. And people don't hate success here - nonsense.There are lots of successful people in Sheffield

The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification Analytic Classes

1 Higher managerial and professional occupations

1.1 Large employers and higher managerial occupations

1.2 Higher professional occupations

2 Lower managerial and professional occupations

3 Intermediate occupations

4 Small employers and own account workers

5 Lower supervisory and technical occupations

6 Semi-routine occupations

7 Routine occupations

8 Never worked and long-term unemployed

Working class is equivalent to groups 5 and below approximately.

By your definition middle class wouldn't exist, which makes no sense.

Working class is equivalent to groups 5 and below approximately.

By your definition middle class wouldn't exist, which makes no sense.

But you've already defined yourself as middle-class back in the day when this thread was young and sprightly ...

Forumosaurus has it right. It's really down to what class other people take you to be, rather than the class you'd like them to think you are :D

Archived