What Social Class do you think you belong to and why?

I think upper class (used?) to refer to the aristocracy. Simply being the CEO of a company wouldn't qualify, although it would probably make you more well off than many upper class members.

I just can't accept that someone getting say a £100000 bonus could be middle class! I would say the rules have definitely changed!

I wonder if that would make bob crow upper class though?

And John Prescot? He definitely isn't working class-although I think that is what he pretends to be. Hes almost upper class with a working class accent!

I just can't accept that someone getting say a £100000 bonus could be middle class! I would say the rules have definitely changed!

I wonder if that would make bob crow upper class though?

And John Prescot? He definitely isn't working class-although I think that is what he pretends to be. Hes almost upper class with a working class accent!

That's an interesting thought ... I don't agree though. Money can buy many things, but one thing it can't buy is class.

In England it would be almost impossible to make the leap between being John Prescott and being considered upper class. :P

ps who's bob crow? :huh:

I'm not sure whether I'm working class or middle class. My background (dad was a director of a multinational technology company before he retired, above degree level education, professional exams etc) would suggest that I'm middle class, but my income and where I live suggests working class.

It is unimportant to me whether I'm working class or middle class- in fact I had not considered which I may be until this thread.

That's an interesting thought ... I don't agree though. Money can buy many things, but one thing it can't buy is class.

In England it would be almost impossible to make the leap between being John Prescott and being considered upper class. :P

ps who's bob crow? :huh:

No I'm saying its one of many factors however you can't be working class if you have that much money (to me).

John Prescot-even when hes wearing the lords outfit?

Ps one of those super rich pretends to be "working class" folk!

an example of class being imposible to define! he doesn't sound like hes working class though!

He is again now, he's a bin man.

Is it a requirement that you need to work to live in order to be working class? I'm not sure because most of the middle class need to work to live as well, I think it's more about what work you do.

I don't think becoming rich changed Carolls class though, he was still criminal underclass/working class, he just happened to be rich for a little while.

Equally I don't think that someone who gets a job in the city and makes a large amount of money stops being middle class, they might move to upper middle class I suppose.

Archived