Family history,Walkley, Providence Rd and Thompson Rd ?

jennybr

150, that must be at the very far end, does it overlook Rivelin Vally ?

My Aunty lived at 19, and my Grandma further up, forget the number,the house was next to an open lot on a corner, my Grandparents name was Coyle, aunts name was Allsop.

Think Mr & Mrs. Coyle(James & Eliza)lived at 50, Providence rd, Walkley.

• 1 year later...

I used to go to Bolehill school with Susan Whitton, we left in 1971 but I can't remember if she movd across to Myers Grove or went to another senior school.

Hi, does anyone remember Geoffrey Whitton and sister Susan? Their grandma, my great aunt called Jessie Whitton and George Whitton used to live on a hill in Walkley. My memories are pretty dusty and I don't really know whether that area still exists. The hilly road led to South Road. I just remember as a child walking down the hill to grandma Stead's shop. There used to be a little grocers come greengrocers on the corner. It was run by a lady called Mrs Stead.

Also does anyone live at 150 Providence rd or 7 thompson rd or are they gone too? Any memories from older family members of previous families? Would love to hear any relevant info.Thanks.

i remember steads greengrocers it was at the side of the gennell that lead up to south road , if you went up hill the garden to the vicarage would be to your right. a few doors away going towards walkley lane was an off license. i remember a lad called alan stead i dont know if he was a son or grandson hope this helps :)

Archived