Bus Strike

Originally posted by "caprice"

I heard that too. Its terrible for us students too! IT's a good job my school's not far from my house, or there'd be no way for me to get to my exams :roll:

How did the anniversary go?

Originally posted by "robh"

Where has all the traffic gone? 8:30 on Ecclesall Rd S/Haugh Lane junction there's always a tail-back (and worst on Mondays). Not today. If this is what happens to traffic congestion when there are no busses, let's have more strikes!

OK... I expect a few people took the day off, shared cars, went in early, walked, cycled, working from home.

I agree! If people did share cars, walked or cycled to work, then what's stopping them doing this more often? This would mean less buses, less pollution and congestion... and people could get fitter and save money! Yey!

It took me only 20 minutes to walk to work this morning instead of 25. That's because I didn't have to wait for buses when crossing the road, fight through groups of people getting off busses or stop occassionally to cough because of the pollution caused by buses! OK, the last one isn't strictly true - but I do normally get a gob full of smog when walking past bus stops and I didn't this morning!

Archived