New Running Club

Are you a runner and want company?Would you like to improve ?Would you like advice on training and kit? would you like to join a brand new club.

The Sheffield Running Club has just formed catering for all abilities.It is based at DON Valley on Tuesdays and Thursdays but has members running all over the city the rest of the week.Already 35 Male and female runners

Come down to Don Valley any Tuesday or Thursday at 6pm ready to run and ask for Dave.Now is the perfect time to start training for the London or Sheffield Half Marathon.

Surely Sheffield has enough running clubs ??? Sheffield AC, Steel City Striders, Hallamshire, Totley AC and Valley Striders! and Not forgetting Sheffield Tri Club.

All off em very good running clubs and very friendly - all the clubs do off road and road running. and Distance stuff too!

01) What's gonna be different bout this new club ?

02) What's the new club gonna be called ?

03) Is the new club registered with North Of Englands Athletics Assocation ?

04) Aren't Hallamshire, Steel City Strider and Sheffield AC based at Don Valley ? you may find ur treading on folks toes and may end up in trouble!

What you are getting is lots of experience rooted in Sheffield Athletic Club , a group of race organisers who have experience of organising several races . The focus of this club is exclusively Road,Country and Trail,its aim is to encourage participation and to help people improve and provide a range of groups that people can run with to suit their ability .The club has qualified coaches,a half marathon preparation group and an expanding ladies section.

The club will be for the members benefit and any resources generated from races will be put back into the members in the form of race entries and subsidised kit .The club will organise runs right across the city.

The Name is Sheffield Running Club

Its affiliated to the Northern Counties and will use Don Valley as a base .

We are starting with over 35 members.

Quite a revival was taking place in the Road and cross country section in our old club, we will carry that on but with lots of inovation ,enthusiasm and a tremendous atmosphere that has been building for the last three years,new members welcome.

Why is everyone getting so heated about this?! It's a great club - made me feel very welcome when I joined and has helped me to realise that I can run at more than just one speed!

It's got a great mix of competetive runners and people who just want to get fit, and Dave who coaches the new people is fantastic! He makes you feel like you're training for the Olympics whatever standard you are.

Archived