glynis kerkoff

paul george

norma walton

susan beaman

julie stanley

the list is endless lol

AH got one wrong Ian Bunting was in dogsnecks and my year:hihi:

Hi everyone,

This is my leaving photo of form 3F1, taken in 1958. I have all the names, but will let you have some fun picking faces out first:bigsmile:

ClassPhoto1957-58.jpg

I left Owler Lane High School 1966, don't know any of the class in the photo', but it sure is a good photo' of Paddy Ruttle. He was my form teacher when I was in the 3rd year, 1964/65.

• 11 months later...
my teacher was mr walker there was mr pickup mr smith mr francis chalkie white woga bowling david homer mick ellis terry harrison dave guest tony wild linda tonks elizabeth morris

Noticed on here that you mentioned 'Woga' Bowling, sadly Tony passed away on Saturday, peacefully in his sleep.

---------- Post added 12-11-2014 at 08:25 ----------

Hi woga is my brother .brother tony was woga sis not frank...got a bit mixed up there !!!!!!!

Ay up , I left in 71/72 the teachers I can remember were Miss shillito later Clench, Mr Francis ,Mr Pickup , Mr Hallam, My last teacher there was Mr Flemming I can remember him leading a school trip to Belgium ,bit of a **** up as I remember. Names like Mick Wilks Jack Bowler Steve Goodall Tony Gill Dave Green Phil Schofield spring to mind .The 1960 to 70 seems to be a bit lost. on the grimesthorpe forum . there must be some of you out there. Jim.

• Like 1

I left Owler Lane High School 1966, don't know any of the class in the photo', but it sure is a good photo' of Paddy Ruttle. He was my form teacher when I was in the 3rd year, 1964/65.

Hi geotom and everyone.

I recall the school as Owler Lane Secondary Modern when I was there from 1955 to 1958. It was on the corner of the hill part of Rushby Street and Earl Marshall Road. Next to it was the Intermediate School (grey caps) and next was the Infants school. (see copy of post below showing photos).

Sorry I'm a bit late with a comment. It's nice to hear from someone who knew Paddy Ruttle, although seven years after me.

It's nearly three years since I posted the class photo (see copy post below) and sadly no one else has responded. Here are the names which I entered on the reverse of photo and I hope they stir someone's memory:-

Back row from left to right:-

Ron Hanibal, Neil Ellis, Brian Turner, Rodney Brown, Peter Rowley (me), Peter Sharpe, Michael Sutherland, Geofrey cook, Vincent Rhodes.

Middle row:-

Carol Mackenzie, Wendy Booker, Olga Howarth, Jean Coles, Carol Johnson, Anne Bricklebank, Chora Stevens, Maureen Roberts, Rita West.

Bottom row:-

Sandra Johnson, Norma Bagshaw, Pat Evans, Linda Lee, Paddy Ruttle, Fay Sellers, Anne Dial, Sandra Coddington, Sandra Moore.

There are a few names I noted of pupils who were not present when the photo was taken:- Janet Muteham, Paul Naylor, Robert Hudson, Diane Elvin, Tony Walshaw, Paul Buckley, WendyWoodhead.

---------- Post added 14-11-2014 at 13:10 ----------

Hi everyone,

This is my leaving photo of form 3F1, taken in 1958. I have all the names, but will let you have some fun picking faces out first:bigsmile:

ClassPhoto1957-58.jpg

This is the class photo mentioned above.

---------- Post added 14-11-2014 at 14:24 ----------

Hi everyone,

These are 'photos mentioned above which I took of Owler Lane Schools (taken from Earl Marshall Road) in 1999.

OwlerLaneSecModandIntermediateschoolsin1990s.jpg

OwlerLaneSecondaryModernin1990s.jpg

OwlerLaneInfantschoolin1990s2.jpg

OwlerLaneInfantschoolin1990s.jpg

This is my post with photos of the schools.

Hope this rings a bell with someone.

Is this a pun?? :)

Regards, Peter.

Edited by PeterR