The Castle inn Bolsterstone

waldershelf

If any one has been through Bolsterstone over the last few days they will have noticed that the Castle inn has been closed. Well this is not a bad news, another pub closed thread.

The pub has a new landlord, well known in the area, he ran the Pen Nook in Deepcar up to a four years ago.

The Castle should be open for drinks by next weekend following cellar and bar refitting and some decorating in the bar areas. The food menu should be available again in a couple of weeks after the kitchen has been refurbed.

Another piece of good news for the real ale lover is he intends to carry on with the traditional hand pulled beers and will be having a regular selection on offer along with guest beers.

OH AY!!!!! Glyn is a top bloke, stumbled out of the Nook at about 4am on a few occasions when Glyn was landlord there.

The Castle is a perfect pub for him, since he left the Nook the food trade dropped off no end and a lot of the regulars stopped going in. Glad to see Glyn back behind the bar in the Valley, the place needs a decent pub with a decent landlord.

Stocksbridge was never the same after the Miners was taken over by a string of folks that thought that runnnig a pub was easy.

I didnt know the castle had closed ...... ahh the pen nook .... dingy but great for an afterbird

thanks for giving me a little reminder of my youth :-)

Went to Royal Oaks recently as it does look very nice from the outside. Went in - football was not on tv as advertised, then stood at bar for 10 minutes but there were no sign of any staff. Did not serve myself despite the temptation and just left.

Is it worth trying again?

Archived