Mojo club in the 60s

bali

It was a great place to be in the 60's as was Shades. I remember Long John Baldrey featuring Rod Stewart. Who hears anything about Long John Baldrey nowadays So many great nights

Chatted to LJB when he took a break, Rod(The Mod)Stewart filled in for him.

As far as I know LJB died in 2005.

I am just listening to a TV show here in Oz & hearing bands from the 60's that played at the Mojo club.....Yes Pete & Geoff DID own the Mojo not manage it. Anyone remember the fantastic Alan Price & Amen Corner? I remember being at a couple of all nighters , well more than a couple, but am sure they both played at all nighters there. Anyone else remember those nights?

You just can't beat the music from that era can you?

I am just listening to a TV show here in Oz & hearing bands from the 60's that played at the Mojo club.....Yes Pete & Geoff DID own the Mojo not manage it. Anyone remember the fantastic Alan Price & Amen Corner? I remember being at a couple of all nighters , well more than a couple, but am sure they both played at all nighters there. Anyone else remember those nights?

You just can't beat the music from that era can you?

Didn't get to see too many shows as we were out ourselves four and five nights per week, fabulous times, never to be repeated.

Best Mojo gig I can remember was the Birds [not the US Byrds] which was Ronnie Wood's first recording band. At one point they got the guitars feeding back then propped em up and walked off for a drink/smoke, came back and carried on with the number.

Those were indeed the days!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Best gig I saw was the Yardbirds in 64 - Tina Turner wasn't bad either.

One of the best nights I was there was in the summer of 1965 when The Hollies- already an established group- played to a packed house the same weekend as their single 'I'm Alive' became No.1. Pete and Geoff did themselves proud that day and I think the admission was five bob!

One of the best nights I was there was in the summer of 1965 when The Hollies- already an established group- played to a packed house the same weekend as their single 'I'm Alive' became No.1. Pete and Geoff did themselves proud that day and I think the admission was five bob!

Do you remember a lass sending a painting of Tony Hicks down to the stage? It was passed over everyone's' heads like they used to send little kids down to the front on the terraces.