Best sunday carvery in sheffield?

MarkJB

Try the Three Merry Lads, on Rivelin Road, food is SO tasty & they let you have a choice of beef, turkey or pork, or all 3! Self serve for your veg & gravy so you can have as much as you want. We go quite a lot for Sunday dinner & its such good value think its £7.50 adults ...very yummy food :thumbsup:

Phone number is 0114 2302824

Best to ring & book a table in advance as very popular.

If youre going to promote the place get the address right - Redmires Road. Last meal I had there included powdered mashed potato so I dont agree that its that good. Do you work there?

Also noted its rating on the Scores on the Doors website was Zero stars

The Fairways - Birley/Gleadless area

I'll second that. Its only £5.99 per person too! Its on the tram route as well, which is a bonus. Might have to book if there are so many of you though.

We went (2 of us) about a month since and it was lovely.

Would Crosspool Tavern be the same one that was on Look North not long ago for having rats and absolute filth in the kitchen and was closed down and forced to be cleaned up??

Guess it must be clean to pass again,, but if its same staff have they learnt there lesson???? would you risk it????

p.s. good food though! lol

I know I mention the place so often I ought to be on commision, but if you fancy a trip out into the country as well, the George And Dragon at Wentworth does an excellent sunday roast. Think you need to book though.

Seconded, had a meal there sunday, the soup was just gorgeous a really big bowl full and just so nice, the meal was really nice well cooked and lovely yorkshire pudding, a real plate full we couldn't eat it all, gets my :thumbsup: vote

i say why have carvery when u can have it cooked fresh to order for £4.95! Devonshire Arms Ecclesall rd Also with parking. Lots of Positive feedback on the going out section since the old landlords of the dore moor took over cooking of the sunday lunch.

The Roebuck Tavern does a brill sunday carvery, regular and go large for another £1.50ish. Great friendly atmosphere and well prepared to cater for large groups.

I would definitely agree with you there, also Dempseys do a decent carvery on a sunday, you can have as much as you like for about 4 or 5 quid. I wouldn't normally give this place any positive comments because it's turned into a dump, but the food is good and it's nice and quiet on a sunday afternoon. The veggie lasagne with chips & salad (around £4.50) is gorgeous, although i couldn't manage it all because there was too much. Eyes bigger than belly syndrome!

Not seen the Riverside Cafe Bar mentioned yet, near Kelham Island. Address: 1 Mowbray St, Neepsend, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S3 8EN

Tel: 0114 281 3621

Not a very picturesque location and a bit of a mare to get to at the moment with the roadworks around there, but well worth a visit. A bit of an unlikely Sunday Lunch venue but we've been a number of times and never been disappointed. Usually a choice of 2 or 3 roasts and a veggie option and loads of veg, even the cabbage was fantastic last time. I think it's about 6 quid, not a big place though.