Best sunday carvery in sheffield?

MarkJB

i say why have carvery when u can have it cooked fresh to order for £4.95! Devonshire Arms Ecclesall rd Also with parking. Lots of Positive feedback on the going out section since the old landlords of the dore moor took over cooking of the sunday lunch.

I couldnt be bothered sitting around waiting for a sunday lunch cooked to order

• 7 years later...
Anyone got an up to date recommendation!

The Bowshaw (Toby Carvery) at Dronfield is still among the best, a choice of at least 3 meats and lovely roast potatoes. Refillable soft drinks too (handy if you're driving!). The Wheatsheaf on Ecclesall Rd Sth is another Toby, I prefer the Bowshaw though. Cheaper in the week than a Sunday.

Moorlands (near Owler Bar) is really nice too.

If you've got a largeish group (including a lot of kids), Meadow Farm (off J35a M1 I think, near Chapeltown?) is fine, and a big play area indoors and outdoors for the kids (or there was last time we went with about 10 of us).

A recent new find is Winter Green at Waverley/Catcliffe - very nice (although no mashed potatoes, they had new potatoes instead when we went this week), I think it's a Marston's pub that's not been open long.

Finally, just down M18 J1 is Sir Jack's, which do a really nice carvery, and the staff are really good (especially with kids).