Best sunday carvery in sheffield?

MarkJB

• 3 weeks later...
You are talking crap, Bet you have never been! it must be one of the best in South Yorkshire

iv been twice and the second time I was in hospital for 2 days with food poisoning. that was the only food I had that day. the place ought to be shut down

I have just picked up on this thread again after seeing it a few weeks ago and couldn`t feel but a bit disappointed at comments that indicate a good meal is attained by,

being cheap

as much as you can eat

that much on the plate that I couldn`t finish it

and so much more.

Having been to quite a few of the establishments for a Sunday Lunch I suppose that they are right to a point.

For example The Crosspool and its counterpart The Moorlands( both belong to same chain)If the Crosspool does not have the students visiting ,then the food stands for ages and looses a great deal of heat,whilst the Moorlands always has a queue and so their food is turned over faster.However anyone who complains I fail to understand ,What the hell do you expect for a full Sunday lunch for around £4 :confused:?????.But for my money The Rivelin is in a different league to all of them.To pay I think around £7.50 for their meal is worth every penny:thumbsup:.For a start ,a proper Yorkshie pud and not a frozen one.The vedg is all fresh and cooked to perfection, and finally a good choice of meat is available.Now the meat is to die for,not your thinly carved and transparent slice .But a couple of quite thick slices of whatever you fancy.

For what its worth ,my favourite is the Pork,tastes great

So if anyone would like to try the Crosspool,then go to the other side of Valley and try the Rivelin,then come back onto S.F and place their comparison as I would dearly love to see what they feel constitutes a good Sunday Lunch