The Earl Of Arundel on Queens Road

Michael H

I used to visit the Earl last year when FutureFunk started, for the first few months it was sport on, the dancefloor was packed, ramdoms where chatting and it was filled with a 'feel good vibe'. There was one night when its all went abit messy, seemed like the locals where just getting to drunk and causing trouble and the feel good vide just wasnt the same, then FutureFunk discovered Fez Club, they where the days!!!

Haven't been back since it was taken under new management but the pub has a good layout and when its good, its good! The more light minded people that go the more the trouble makers will find somewhere else to go.

(And end up buying Fez/Scuba Club!!)

[what?

so what happened well over a year ago when the Earl was ran by a load of idiots who where pretty much clueless about how to run a bar and security will put you off for life?

Come on mate wake up and smell the coffee - there's trouble all over the place especially at late night clubs & bars. I've been plenty of times this year and have to say the security have been top notch and there's not been the slightest bit of trouble! Also when did the earl turn into a so called "niche" venue?? I don't remember that?

Have you been since the new owners took over?

my advice is to check it out for yourself rather than believe an ex promoter from the earl who clearly has a bitter feel for the place!

I'm not bitter, I had a great time at the earl and met some great people.

In my first post on the thread I said i hadn't been down for a while so I wasn't sure what it like at the moment, some people have told me it's getting back to where it was and I hope it does, it's a great venue ( apart from the toilets) .

hey does anyone have details of whats happening this weekend at the earl??

Expansion are doing an all-nighter on saturday night (10th feb) which should be good. But then I would say that as I am DJing. :D

No seriously, it will be well worth a look. There's another thread about it on the evenings out section.

Expansion are doing an all-nighter on saturday night (10th feb) which should be good. But then I would say that as I am DJing. :D

No seriously, it will be well worth a look. There's another thread about it on the evenings out section.

Tis here...http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=184728:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I can vouch for the new landlord Craig too. Diamond geezer.:thumbsup:

Steel City Allnighter - Only for the Strong!!

Featuring everything Old Skool only £3 all night!

Including House, US Garage & Jungle / Drum & Bass.

Mr Insidious (Foundations)

Pukka (Afterdark/Point Blank)

DJ Hoopz (Metropolis)

Over_D (Kontakt / Basic Standardz)

Triggs (Bass Bar Soldja)

Platts (Afterdark)

:thumbsup:

Scuse me. Is the all-nighter at the Earl tonight or tomorrow night? I haven't been there since last summer and thought i may check it out tonight. I've always found it to be a friendly establishment with an eclectic mix of people. And, as i live 10 mins away it's ideal.

Archived