Bohemian, Chesterfield Road

samstar999

Wll there were't any screaming kids at 8pm and I think its great that its aiming to be child friendly, kids aren't a different species and its never to early to introduce them to good food:)
I agree, why shouldn't kids be allowed in restaurants? They've got to learn social manners somehow and going to a restaurant is a perfect place. If that restaurant serves decent homecooked food then all the better

• 2 weeks later...
Yes its good except for the fact that they advertise themselves as child-friendly as per latest leaflet drop thru my door so therefore it probably be like a creche full of screaming toddlers ..

hmm I don't know who put a leaflet through your door :hihi: no one that works here does it, yes we are child friendly, a cafe by day and restaurant by night although the kids seem to dissapear after around 5 o clock :confused:

I went to the Bohemian a couple of weeks ago (a Friday night) and took some friends who had never been. I raved about it for weeks before as I have been many a time and loved it. Trust my luck that we got a really bad night and the food was awful. I was very upset as they were disappointed and won;t return. And to be honest it has really put me off going back. Do you have different chefs Komal? Did we get an inexperienced one? Is it safe to return?

...yes we are child friendly, a cafe by day and restaurant by night although the kids seem to dissapear after around 5 o clock :confused:

Would it be OK to bring in a well behaved dog with us? He would just sit under our table and no-one would notice him!

We go along Chesterfield Road when we take him for a walk - it would be fab to pop in for some food :)

It's got a nice relaxed (and bohemian of course!) feel about it, does great food and coffee, has books and newpapers aplenty, it's healthy and

fair and the staff are friendly to a fault. What more could a person want?

Compare it to the antiseptic, grasping, corporate chain cafes and it looks even better

• 2 weeks later...
I went to the Bohemian a couple of weeks ago (a Friday night) and took some friends who had never been. I raved about it for weeks before as I have been many a time and loved it. Trust my luck that we got a really bad night and the food was awful. I was very upset as they were disappointed and won;t return. And to be honest it has really put me off going back. Do you have different chefs Komal? Did we get an inexperienced one? Is it safe to return?

oh dear :( sorry to hear about that, we do have different chefs but they are both very good, one of them having worked at claridges in the past! was the place busy? (not a reasonable excuse for poor food i know) but perhaps the delay in your food arriving contributed to your idea of a really bad night, i'd say yes it is definatey safe to come back! Don't let one bad night scare you off :) I'd try a quieter night, one thats not friday or saturday as we have more time to put the most effort into your food.

as for the person asking about their dog, I really can'tsay whether or not they would allow it to come in but am pretty sure the answer would be no due to safety and hygiene reasons, sorry!

Archived