Bohemian, Chesterfield Road

samstar999

as for the person asking about their dog, I really can'tsay whether or not they would allow it to come in but am pretty sure the answer would be no due to safety and hygiene reasons, sorry!

Oh go on let the dog in :) . Lots of cafes do and so long as the dog doesn't go in the kitchen there's no hygiene problem.

Oh go on let the dog in :) . Lots of cafes do and so long as the dog doesn't go in the kitchen there's no hygiene problem.

Thats disgusting letting a dog into such a small cafe where it would no doubt be licking the table and snaffling food off customers plates .....

Thats disgusting letting a dog into such a small cafe where it would no doubt be licking the table and snaffling food off customers plates .....

:loopy: why is there 'no doubt' he would be doing that?! You clearly don't know much about dogs (or have just met some terribly behaved ones ;))

There are loads of eating places that welcome well behaved dogs... there is no law against it... my dog just lies down on the floor under the table until we've finished eating :)

:loopy: why is there 'no doubt' he would be doing that?! You clearly don't know much about dogs (or have just met some terribly behaved ones ;))

There are loads of eating places that welcome well behaved dogs... there is no law against it... my dog just lies down on the floor under the table until we've finished eating :)

Well said Katie!

Hello again - on post #15 I had a bit of an (unexpected) whinge about the Bohemian ... anyway - I am very happy to report that I did return and once again it was FAB! My faith is restored ... the food was lovely and it is back on my list of fave restaurants. No sign of any dogs though!

If you allow kids which can be more of a problem than dogs can't see why you can't allow a good dog.

End of the day not that much difference between dogs and kids really both can play up , both can smell abit. Allow both.

in my exp. the french often tend to have dogs under the tables etc when going out

If you allow kids which can be more of a problem than dogs can't see why you can't allow a good dog.

End of the day not that much difference between dogs and kids really both can play up , both can smell abit. Allow both.

in my exp. the french often tend to have dogs under the tables etc when going out

Thats precisely my opinion! I've been to 'no dogs allowed' pubs, where there were kids screaming & running around then knocked a drink and a plate of food on the floor... well I know what I would choose on the basis of hygeine & bothering other customers ;) (if Gadget had been allowed in, he could have cleaned up the mess for them :hihi:)

Banning dogs from eateries is not a legal health & safety requirement at all, just the preference of the owner.

I am compiling a list of 'dog friendly' pubs and restaurants in the Sheffield area - I'll post it in the pets section when its done, for any dog owners who are interested :thumbsup:

The list would be intersting to many people katie, although i don't own a pet I've never been that into dog s but i'll always pat them on the head and so on. I don't understand why they should be bared on the grounds of hygine. Why is it that some one should be put off by a dog, most if the things that live on dogs prefer to stay on the dog . People should all be more worried whats on the hands of the 17 year old pot washer in the back.

The list would be intersting to many people katie, although i don't own a pet I've never been that into dog s but i'll always pat them on the head and so on. I don't understand why they should be bared on the grounds of hygine. Why is it that some one should be put off by a dog, most if the things that live on dogs prefer to stay on the dog . People should all be more worried whats on the hands of the 17 year old pot washer in the back.

we don't have any pot washers for a start..dogs are not necessarily banned on the grounds of hygeine, its also safety! we also have a lot of customers with allergy problems and a dog would cause a problem with them, no ones allergic to potwashers :)

Hello again - on post #15 I had a bit of an (unexpected) whinge about the Bohemian ... anyway - I am very happy to report that I did return and once again it was FAB! My faith is restored ... the food was lovely and it is back on my list of fave restaurants. No sign of any dogs though!

yay I'm so glad to hear that!

also for customers, it would be appreciated if you could tell us about the problems whilst you are here so we can rectify the problem asap

• 3 months later...

Archived