Gower street pubs 70's onwards

bladebloke

just wandering has anyone on here ever drank in the pubs down gower street. and the surrounding area i started drinking down there around 79. it was very lively back then great old fashioned pubs with loads of characters. all the pubs had football teams on a sunday morning. darts on a tuesday. and friday/ saturday nights were as busy as anywhere in sheffield. just a few pub names i'm talking about. grapes, gower, royal oak, norfolk arms, carlisle, robin hood, staffordshire, east house, tea gardens, albion and burngreave club.

just wandering has anyone on here ever drank in the pubs down gower street. and the surrounding area i started drinking down there around 79. it was very lively back then great old fashioned pubs with loads of characters. all the pubs had football teams on a sunday morning. darts on a tuesday. and friday/ saturday nights were as busy as anywhere in sheffield. just a few pub names i'm talking about. grapes, gower, royal oak, norfolk arms, carlisle, robin hood, staffordshire, east house, tea gardens, albion and burngreave club.

Ask for this to shifted to History and exp's. Or repost it in there, you'll get a response in there. :thumbsup:

Archived