This weather - Does it get you down?

Originally posted by t020

I can't wait until Autumn. I hate this muggy, humid weather. You can't move without breaking out into a sweat.

And I thought it was just me that had a perspiration problem!

I have to agree I'm looking forward to a dry crisp autumn to do some leaf kicking>

Guest Pauly

Us English always moan about the weather, it's either too hot or too cold or too windy or too cloudy. Never satisfied. :rolleyes:

I just like the Summer, simple as that. I only like Winter when there's loads of snow. That's my bit.

I have just moved up from the South so i have yet to experience the cold winters of the North!

I have been given a shopping list tho which has been most helpful... items including:- Thermal underwear (sexy!) lol

Originally posted by Angel05

I have just moved up from the South so i have yet to experience the cold winters of the North!

I have been given a shopping list tho which has been most helpful... items including:- Thermal underwear (sexy!) lol

When you say the south... that doesn't have cold winters...? South America... South Africa? :D

Originally posted by Angel05

Well, being so much further away from the equator than the south, winters in Sheffield should be at least 1 degree colder than southern England.

Give over moaning! It's FABULOUS!

I've stopped going away in summer because it's cheap to be here, the weather here is great, the roads are quiet, and it's great to sit outside bars.

Then, come autumn/winter I get to go abroad and it's cheap to be here, the weather here is great, the roads are quiet, and it's great to sit outside bars.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Tony

Give over moaning! It's FABULOUS!

I've stopped going away in summer because it's cheap to be here, the weather here is great, the roads are quiet, and it's great to sit outside bars.

Then, come autumn/winter I get to go abroad and it's cheap to be here, the weather here is great, the roads are quiet, and it's great to sit outside bars.

:thumbsup:

Got to agree with our resident rightie do-gooder. This weather's marvellous. I love being able to wander round with just shorts and a t shirt rather than bundled up against the cold.

Yesterday went for 6 hour walk around Crowden and ended up swimming in the river pools. Today we took a picnic out to Ossington Church and just chilled in the sunshine.

Enjoy it while you can.

Max that's fair enough until the t-shirt develops underarm sweat patches if you so much as move in the sun. I'm not against sunny weather, but I hate the humidity that seems to come with it.

Archived