I'd like to learn sign language

mellow

Hey. Im a student at hallam and want to learn sign language. Its some thing i have always wanted to do and could also help me in the future as i want to work with children and young people with SEN. The uni offers courses and so does the college but they are expensive. I also would not be motivated if i just bought myself a book to try and teach myself. Anyone know of any where or anyone that could help?

Hey. Im a student at hallam and want to learn sign language. Its some thing i have always wanted to do and could also help me in the future as i want to work with children and young people with SEN. The uni offers courses and so does the college but they are expensive. I also would not be motivated if i just bought myself a book to try and teach myself. Anyone know of any where or anyone that could help?

if you do find anywhere would you post it or let me know as i am intersted too but lookd on ther college website and they are little exspensive!

cheers:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

you could do to the deaf club which is near th chinease buffet number1, if you go to the car park its around there its just moved so iv not been but its there or there is two deaf pubs but i only know where one is and thats on gange crescent usualy from 7.30 onwards but its usually classes that meet up but there are bingo nights and social evenings. I would say that from all these places ur not really going to learn alot of sign if any. look at rnid web site for hints or links. your best bet is to buy books E.G from forest books or where ever. college does classes they are probly the best thing you can go to !!

Hi Sheff uni run Bsl Taster sessions tutors name is Richard Stacey.

They are on a thursday 1st one of this year starts this week.

Archived