Gower street pubs

bladebloke

Just seen replies about person smashing chemist windows and pinching nappies. I know the bloke well and i can assure you he did not smash window he was just looting while passing:rolleyes: I do know one thing they cost him and his mate stuart davison (r.i.p) 100 quid each at magistrates court. Coppers called them friendliest burglars in sheffield:lol:

one of my "fans" a member of the longley ultras told me the red was down so i put the white back and picked up the red. to the utter dismay of the landlord mr been who went ballistic shouting that was'nt allowed.

Was that Darren Bean by any chance (ginger haired lad)? I remember him as a teenager when his folks (Charlie & Shirley) had the Pen Nook in Deepcar in the early '70's. They used to have the Buckenham in Pitsmoor before that, and after the Nook had the Norfolk on Dixon Lane.

Hi arthur. i was in grimesthorpe road from 55-about 75 ish, frequented the normanton, tea gardens, the buck and robin hood. till i moved away and now live at intake.iv'e been past once or twice since. had a nostalgic 5 mins on smiths fields and by the old wembley etc..

They're just in the process of knocking down The HITW, or maybe they've done it, part of the new road system down & around the Wicker. It's been shut for a lot of years..... The "ladies" you talk about have moved into the old Norfolk Arms at the bottom of Gower St.

I heard it had closed years ago. It’s always sad to see pubs close; (Cannon being the exception) another bit of Sheffield gone forever.

Was that Darren Bean by any chance (ginger haired lad)? I remember him as a teenager when his folks (Charlie & Shirley) had the Pen Nook in Deepcar in the early '70's. They used to have the Buckenham in Pitsmoor before that, and after the Nook had the Norfolk on Dixon Lane.

yes mate. charlie used to organise wood to be delivered to the buck on bonfire night early 70's. used to have our fireworks and fire on waste land side of pub.

Archived