Lambert Street Flats

cheapcod

i lived on the flats also have great memories there as a kid .kick can /four corners under the arch /delavio/ british bulldog / also the play scheme that run in the 6 weeks holiday through the church

hiya, soory i dont remember that name, but i was only a kid, remember all the games, but not the play scheme.

• 1 month later...

i was born on lambert street flats in 1966,i think we left there when i was 6 or 7 could have been a bit older...i had a chuckle at the post about getting the teeth knocked out,cos it happened to me too only with one of the swings lol we lived on the second floor to the right of the arch,the leadbeaters moved into our flat after we moved out,We moved onto parson cross and omg i thought we'd moved into a mansion...lol,it looked sooooo big.I also remember all the games under the arch,and the salvation army playing in the yard on a sunday....i have really fond happy memories of Lambert street flats.

• 2 months later...
at last a reply, i lived there from been 4 (1974) up to them been knocked down in i think 1981?i played all the games mentioned, and lets not forget the bonfire british bulldog on the grass down the bottom,looking from the playground i lived to the right of the tunnel i dont think there are many pictures of the flats due to nobody having a camera it wasnt that posh or at least we wasnt,my name is john and i had an older sister called julie

hi john i remember you and your sister we lived on top floor you lived on bottom, think your mum was mary i used to go to a restuarant with you and your mum in town sometimes on a saturday dont know if you can remember me, my name is paul bennett and had brother mick and david and sister kelly but dont think you will remember her as she was only little.

nice to see some one wanting to remember old days me too i loved it on the flats as like you said we you to play all the games that probably dont get played anymore due to computers and consoles,hope you are all well and hope you read this reply.

• 1 month later...
i lived on the flats also have great memories there as a kid .kick can /four corners under the arch /delavio/ british bulldog / also the play scheme that run in the 6 weeks holiday through the church

I had totally forgotten about the 4 corners game. I loved that!

I also remember the Elem church just behind the cathedral. Mum used to send us there to get us out of the way while she prepared Sunday lunch.

My husband was brought up on furnace hill flats with his mum and dad and now he is 50 yrs what is your surname as he may remember you

Hi, Sheff Utd.

Not sure if your question was directed at me, but here goes:

My surname is Taylor. I am 10 years younger than your husband, so I don't think he'll know me, but he might remember my parents - Ken & Sheila.

hi john i remember you and your sister we lived on top floor you lived on bottom, think your mum was mary i used to go to a restuarant with you and your mum in town sometimes on a saturday dont know if you can remember me, my name is paul bennett and had brother mick and david and sister kelly but dont think you will remember her as she was only little.

nice to see some one wanting to remember old days me too i loved it on the flats as like you said we you to play all the games that probably dont get played anymore due to computers and consoles,hope you are all well and hope you read this reply.

Hi Paul did you go to Tapton School?

• 2 months later...

paul bennett dony know if you remember me vannessa barrett you once did me and tracy broughton a tatoo when we were about 15 maybe younger also remember your mick mine said skins tracys said madness aka lol

• 6 months later...