Lambert Street Flats

cheapcod

• 2 years later...
hi vannessa i do rem/ember you and tracy and remember doing the tatts as we were into the skinhead thing, hope youve had them took off or reworked , hope you are well.do u eva see any old faces off the flats.bye.

does your mick still have that spider on is knee ?

---------- Post added 31-03-2013 at 14:38 ----------

We used to go to Tapton together I was then Claire Fellows. I used to hang around with Lisa Heeley, Ohhhhh good old days lol so many memories lol.

do you have a sister called tracy lived near jessops hospital

• 3 weeks later...
does your mick still have that spider on is knee ?

---------- Post added 31-03-2013 at 14:38 ----------

do you have a sister called tracy lived near jessops hospital

this is pauls brother mick and yes i still have that daft spider on my knee not the best of our pauls work lol

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 12:12 ----------

Hi i think i remember you,I live in gleadless also now.When did you move off? And is there anybody you can remember off the flats?

i live at basegreen now but i drink in the red lion at townend

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 12:21 ----------

some good times on the lambert and furniss hill:)

• 10 years later...

Hi everyone. I lived on Lambert st flats until I was 11 so 1952-63. Was Linda Davies, had a big family Paula the eldest then myself and Sharon Anita and Mandy who was just a baby when we moved out, we moved to Gleadless townend.  Civicos was the best sweet shop and the son was Stephen who my sister Paula used to like and I was so jealous cos he was quite dishy. We lived at no 12 with my grandad who was blind. Mums name was Selena (Lena) and dad was Frank. We lived next door to the Collins’s whose daughter was Ann and just across from the big arch was a family called Stimpson’s. The community was amazing and if you happened to be at someone else’s home at tea time then that was where you ate no matter how many there were. 

On 18/03/2011 at 00:39, shazpark said:

I used to live @ 12 Lambert St flats my name is Sharon, my brothers Malcolm & Robert also lived there. We went to Netherthorpe Jounior school followed by Myers Grove but moved about 1972 to Gleadless so changed schools as well. I remember we used to go to the Youth club on Solly St. there was a TV room, a games room & a quiet room as far as I can remember.

Hi Sharon. You must  have moved to no 12 some while after we moved out around 1963. We also went to Netherthorpe then Myers’s Grove.  Was the big black fire still in, absolutely loved it when my mum baked her bread in the oven.