Normanton Springs

serenety

tell me more about the ski village :confused: :confused:

People go skiing? :confused:

I'm sorry I'm not much help, but it is true, the regulations and wotnot are more strict now, than when they were.

I remember people fly tipping on an area behind the Travellers Rest pub on City Road, I saw a few barrels of a very stinky substance, but I was around 9 years old back then. I had no idea what they were. :confused:

hi there i have just read your post and i am concerned my sister lives basically on the corner of linley lane /normanton hill she has just had a baby with her fella, she is often ill since living there and bang at the back of her house is what used to be a tip for 20 years + every night they burn off the methane from it, I wonder if there is a link there, there couldbe something txic that was onc dumped at the tip,

let me know your thoughts??

i think something needs 2 be done about this ,this is peoples lives .i think we should send this tread to the council or someone in the government.iv just read the link that someone has put on here and it said the last date was in 2001 and that they would update this and still nothing done .someone needs 2 be blamed 4 this .this is lives where talking about .my parents live at the top of Sheffield road for the past 20 years ,and never heard anything like this before it needs to be sorted out .(so lets think who can we send this tread too):huh: :huh:

I lived just off of Linley Lane for 5 years, moved just before xmas, and never heard of anything like this. Could often see the methane being burnt off, but that happens even with modern tips. I know the whole area was mined a hundred years ago, wonder if anything was dumped down there when they were closed?

I think that the city's Industrial legacy can be seen in the volume of people being treated at Weston park.

I would be very interested to know if there have been any studies on the Sheffield area and the number of people with Cancers and lung problems.

I did hear a rumour that there were a lot of toxic chemicals placed in mines / pits post war time.

hi there i have just read your post and i am concerned my sister lives basically on the corner of linley lane /normanton hill she has just had a baby with her fella, she is often ill since living there and bang at the back of her house is what used to be a tip for 20 years + every night they burn off the methane from it, I wonder if there is a link there, there couldbe something txic that was onc dumped at the tip,

let me know your thoughts??

I tried to post you a PM but your box is full..... I want as much info as possible to take this to the council ..hope you can help !

I have a deep passion to take this fwd ...no idea where its coming from , I just know that all the brain tumors / cancers on my parents street is outrageous !

i think something needs 2 be done about this ,this is peoples lives .i think we should send this tread to the council or someone in the government.iv just read the link that someone has put on here and it said the last date was in 2001 and that they would update this and still nothing done .someone needs 2 be blamed 4 this .this is lives where talking about .my parents live at the top of Sheffield road for the past 20 years ,and never heard anything like this before it needs to be sorted out .(so lets think who can we send this tread too):huh: :huh:

Working on this ! dont worry im going to take this further ! I just need as much help as possible to get a petition going to the council.

Please note I do live in Florida ..all my family are in sheffield .

WE WONT LET THIS GO !

Working on this ! dont worry im going to take this further ! I just need as much help as possible to get a petition going to the council.

Please note I do live in Florida ..all my family are in sheffield .

WE WONT LET THIS GO !

i will check some thing out aswell ,i will keep you posted littlewizzle