Anyone remember the pikelet man?

wwcrazy

Late 60s early 70s there was an 'old man' used to ride his bike with a basket on the front selling pikelets, oatcakes and scones. Used to buy off him on Foxhill Crescent.

He might not have been that old, but I was just a kid and probably thought 25 was ancient!

• 3 weeks later...
Late 60s early 70s there was an 'old man' used to ride his bike with a basket on the front selling pikelets, oatcakes and scones. Used to buy off him on Foxhill Crescent.

He might not have been that old, but I was just a kid and probably thought 25 was ancient!

yep we used to look forwards to him coming every saturday with his cry of oat cakes oat cakes

• 5 months later...

he used to come on his bicicle with his pikelets and scones onto remington road and mum used to send us out to get his pikelets which non can compare with even till this day there was non to beat him that was back in 1974:):

Archived