Any non scene guys under the age of 30

alan87

not been down to climax for ages, i'd recommend it. i'm not gay but i had a good time every night i went, it's friendly and you can meet loads of people by accident really.

the drinks are cheap, shooters are only £1 and bottles/pints aren't expensive either.

it really depends what music you are into..it's quite clichéd but they started playing better music last time i went.

so i say go down and try it, and then let me know what you reckon

:) enjoy..

xXx

• 2 weeks later...

You have said the magic word .... cheap drinks ... I like the dance stuff ....... somert u can dance to suits me.

Is tha age range a bit mixed ?... last thing I wanna do is walk into a place full of screaming queens ..... any over 30 plus go in ?

saying that crowefan has answered most of the questions ... its finding someone to drag along. Nowt worse than someone alone in a big place.

Crikey Ive just read the topic "any none scene guys under 30" oops maybe I should shut up now.

peter - do not say over 30!!!! youll have all the scene queens running to the bogs to spike up their hair more and pout!!!

seriously, climax is for the young uns im afraid to say, dempseys is best for the "older" gays!!

and I know, im 42 myself!!!!!!!!!

;o)

peter - do not say over 30!!!! youll have all the scene queens running to the bogs to spike up their hair more and pout!!!

Gosh thats sooo true as well. Some have seriously bad hair as well.

seriously, climax is for the young uns im afraid to say, dempseys is best for the "older" gays!!

Yes I`ve been down to Dempseys a few times and Xes, probably end up down there on Friday night.

• 6 months later...

i havent checked this post for over a year....just the way life take over everything u do i guess....but when i had last checked it i ot no replies....

thanx everyone for ur messages...

i am a year older but i guess none the wiser cause i am still looking...

thanx plain talker for ur advise....i'll keep it in mind....

Hi Alan!

I have joined the forum recently and felt relieved to read the replies u've got. U shud not think that u have to be a scene freak to live ur sexuality fully. I am a 30 yo French bloke and as far as i can remember i have never been single for more than a couple of weeks, yet i go out on the scene maybe 4-5 times a year. There are so many ways to find ur half: work,uni, common mates..

U might want to check on the new gay venue in Sheff called Fuel, seems good and fun, i will pop there in September.

Good luck and remember u can be gay and not bleach ur hair or get into a transe each time Kylie appears on Telly!

:thumbsup:

wow...graffy it feels reassuring that normal people too do exist in the gay world...don't get me wrong but i have been badly dissappointed in the people i have met thus far who profess to be gay..... one doesnt have to belong to a group and its that what i resent....there is a need amongst all gay men i have met thus far for me to profess the fact that i am gay...something that i have steadfastedly refused....i do not wish to any group of people.....i am a free spirit and a free spirit i shall remain...to some skeptics maybe its just another excuse to be a closet case...i do not offer any explanations on that.....but i do believe in what i say and i shall keep to that....i do not seek approval or assent in my beliefs from anyone....thats what i mean when i say non-scene....

i must admit that the non-scene thing has been misrepresented and i had a few people who have sent me some rather bizarre messages....atleast it made me smile....i played along a little to see how far it got....and omg did it make me chuckle....so to all those married men into stockings and high heels....i am really sorry but i am not looking for ****buddies.....i didnt mean to mislead u lads apologies if i did....i am not going to be a judge of anything either....

i am just looking for people who are normal and just want to explore their horizons....

• 8 months later...

If you want to meet other gay people without having to go out on the gay scene or whore yourself online, I suggest you come along to one of the Sheffield Uni or Hallam LGB meetings. It isn't just open to students (but mainly caters for students), and you can meet similarly minded people in a friendly environment. We have fun discussions, top speakers, cool films and sometimes just wacky parties. Check out the link in my sig for details.

Ben (Shef Uni LGB Committee)

Archived