Attention Owls & Blades fans...

Ally68

Yes, it pains me to see poor old L*eds struggling for their Championship lives.

Trouble is, I don't know whether I feel more sorry for their lovely little manager, that cheeky chappy Dennis Wise who as we all recall, was such a gentleman on the pitch.

Or what about that splendid chap, Ken Bates? Hidden behind that Father Christmas white beard is a genuine football fan, such a lover of the game that he can't help increasing the admission at Ell*nd Road so that whenever one has the misfortune of seeing another Le*ds home defeat on Look Le*ds, you get blinded by the number of empty yellow seats.

A shame for both these guys if their beloved club falls into what really is the third tier of English league football.

Still, I suppose it's a little further away from where the Blades are right now. It's a good thing I remember their fans smashing up the Bramall Lane stand when Mel Eves scored that blinder back in 1985. They could throw seats like frisbees! And then they went on the rampage at Kenilworth Road and at St. Andrews. Lovely, passionate supporters eh?

It doesn't get any better than this really. All they need to do now is sign that imposter Robbie Savage.

Then they'd have the accolade of being the most hated team in the league - sorry, Europe - with the most hated chairman, most hated manager and the most hated 'player'.

You got to admit, that takes some doing.

Au revoir you "Mighty Whites".

Trouble is, I don't know whether I feel more sorry for their lovely little manager, that cheeky chappy Dennis Wise who as we all recall, was such a gentleman on the pitch.

Or what about that splendid chap, Ken Bates? Hidden behind that Father Christmas white beard is a genuine football fan, such a lover of the game that he can't help increasing the admission at Ell*nd Road so that whenever one has the misfortune of seeing another Le*ds home defeat on Look Le*ds, you get blinded by the number of empty yellow seats.

A shame for both these guys if their beloved club falls into what really is the third tier of English league football.

Still, I suppose it's a little further away from where the Blades are right now. It's a good thing I remember their fans smashing up the Bramall Lane stand when Mel Eves scored that blinder back in 1985. They could throw seats like frisbees! And then they went on the rampage at Kenilworth Road and at St. Andrews. Lovely, passionate supporters eh?

It doesn't get any better than this really. All they need to do now is sign that imposter Robbie Savage.

Then they'd have the accolade of being the most hated team in the league - sorry, Europe - with the most hated chairman, most hated manager and the most hated 'player'.

Oh boy do I agree with all this. I can't remember a time when I didn't hate Leeds. When I first started taking a real interest in footy in the 60s Leeds were despised because of their dirty play. Not just dirty but sneaky with it.

Now we get to the stage where their Manager and Chairman are less popular than Jade Goody in an Indian restaurant.

I bet their tea lady isn't liked either

If and when they do go down what's the betting that "Look Leeds" have a week's mourning.

Oh, come on Blades and Owls fans - how can you not feel sorry for a big club with a massive fan base and tradition who are recognised the world over as being one of Englands top four clubs.........NOT!

Seeing that table made last night even better. Their wonderful, even minded fair fans are now getting some of what we've all been through.

That club is in turmoil, poor Wisey won't save them. I only hope that Doncaster Rovers go up as they go down.

Don't worry Leeds - some big local derbies at Chesterfield, Bradford and Huddersfield to come.

It is a shame, but they can't expect pity from anyone else.

Personally I'm hoping that the cameras will be there for Weeds v Scabs in the THIRD tier of English football ....... could still happen ........

<fx: applause>

Archived