Blood Brothers @ the Lyceum

helibish

Just got home from the Lyceum. I saw this show in London several years ago and there seem to have been a few changes, however it was pretty good. My only complaint - whilst the music is very loud, some of the dialogue is almost inaudible - or perhaps I''m more deaf than I realised!

Yet another Nolan is playing Mrs Johnson.

Just got home from the Lyceum. I saw this show in London several years ago and there seem to have been a few changes, however it was pretty good. My only complaint - whilst the music is very loud, some of the dialogue is almost inaudible - or perhaps I''m more deaf than I realised!

Yet another Nolan is playing Mrs Johnson.

i agree i thought i coulnt hear so well as we were up in the gods but 3 people i spoke to said they could hardly hear the dialogue too

Just got in from the Lyceum - completely blown away by an amazing show. I knew the basics of the story but not much else and I'm glad - to go from the slapstick of the first half to the tragedy of the last 15 mins was incredible. I have to say I cried and didn't care who saw! Amazing - beg,borrow or steal a ticket!

Hi,

Im going to see this tomorrow night with a few family friends. Ive never seen it before and only heard of it when i was asked if i wanted to go?

Whats the basis of the story?

From the sounds of it it sounds like it should be a good show

To be honest, I thought it was better seeing it without really knowing much about it but here goes if you really want to know.....

I thought it was going to be very dark, a bit like Eastenders but for the first half it was very funny, almost slapstick. It's the story of twins who are separated at birth but end up growing up alongside each other - one poor who was kept by his birth mother , the other adopted into a privileged rich family . They become best friends -blood brothers- despite both familes trying to keep them apart.

Once the posh boy goes to uni, things change dramatically, that's when it becomes very dark and the two boys' lives are very far apart leading to an incredible, desperately moving and dramatic ending.

I think that's enough! Have a great time and take your handkerchief!

How long does the performance last?

It started at 7.30 - the interval was around 8.45 and I think it finished at just before 10.

A hint - park in the new 'Cheese Grater' Q Park on Charles Street - avoids all that queuing for ages to get out of the Arundel Gate NCP

Have a great time!

Archived