10 Reasons The Uk is Better To Live In Than Australia

whew am i glad this is not a chat on how much better it is in Canada ,I feel so sorry for you lot that have to live in Australia or horror of all horror's U.K.is it ok to feel just a little smug (uh this is a joke)

Nah!! it's bloody freezing over there

A few sugestions:

Great football :cool:

The only place you can have 4 seasons in one day :hihi:

Good sports win or lose

Home is where the heart is.

We (poms) can laugh at oursleves. :D

Has no one mentioned the good old English pub ?

Now that I do miss !!

I work for an Australian company, and from time to time we have aussies coming over here to work...the question we always ask them (especially in the depths of winter) is WHY?

We've struggled to come up with 10 reasons...can you add to them at all

1. The ability to travel through continental Europe

2. Curry

3. The price of bananas

4. Our music scene

5. The ability of eat any product at any time of the year (although it goes off quicker)

6. Salmon

7. The currency

8. Beer

erm...

I'll give you 10 reasons why Oz is better than the UK for me

1. My wife and kids are here

2. Having travelled continental europe I wat to see asia and the pacific

3. Curry... lets ust say I can cook pretty well and hey what is better than a curry in the sun

4. The weather

5. The relaxed way of life (in Wester Australia)

6. The scenery (I'm a photographer)

7. The fresh produce (where I live in the south west they grow just about everything)

8. The cost of living

9. The people

10. I know I have had it already but... My wife and kids

By the way bananas are cheaper now...

I'll give you 10 reasons why Oz is better than the UK for me

1. My wife and kids are here

2. Having travelled continental europe I wat to see asia and the pacific

3. Curry... lets ust say I can cook pretty well and hey what is better than a curry in the sun

4. The weather

5. The relaxed way of life (in Wester Australia)

6. The scenery (I'm a photographer)

7. The fresh produce (where I live in the south west they grow just about everything)

8. The cost of living

9. The people

10. I know I have had it already but... My wife and kids

By the way bananas are cheaper now...

The problem is Livestrong is that we can think of thousands of reasons why Oz is better than the UK...but we have struggled for over a week now on the forum...and for months amongst my mates to come up with 10 the other way round.

10???? :hihi:

AND...the price of bananas has come down too...FFS....I was obviously really struggling before, but now.

;)

I visited Sydney in 2001 and would say I found the experience very positive(apart from the travelling) I liked the people's attitude to life especially the fact that unlike us Brits they can be honest and real without apologising for everything. I recognise however that visiting as a tourist is totally different from living there and like with anything you are born with ie straight or curly hair you always want something different. If people move to run away from things then I don't think they would be happy anywhere but if you went for positive reasons the only things I'd miss are my friends and the good old real ale. I wish my relatives had been a bit more bad or got caught then I wouldn't have to make the choice:D

• 8 months later...

Australia isnt all about flies,cold beer,and sun..I moved from Shiregreen to Tasmania eight years ago.Let me tell you I wont be coming back, and I can give you a lot more than ten reasons.The truth is,there are opportunities here,that I never had in U.K. Yes, Oz can be a frustrating place to live, and its not the sunny paradise the adverts tell you.