What do you miss from before THEY arrived?

I have all this to come, my first child is due 29th june and I'm ver excited!

Also very nervous, it still doesn't seem real yet - did anyone else feel like this?

Grrr Riverseafingle. Our girls just had it on and it drives me mad - what a heap of garbage.

I think I miss watching normal tv, we never have normal tv on when the girls are awake, except Mr Z who has Top Gear on every morning - tragic. Jeremy Clarkson or Granny Murray? I'd rather wash up.

I miss the spontaneity of just going out for a walk in the middle of the night or as it's getting light. In fact I didn't realise how much I missed it until I looked outside the other night when it was really snowy, and I REALLY wanted to go to the park:(

Everything else can be planned for, i.e taking turns to have a lie-in after a night out, but that spontaneity is gone.

Ive got all this to come in about 4 weeks or so...... I definately get the impression from all the new mums i know that the number one thing they miss is sleep. Subsequently im getting in as MUCH sleep as possible before its cruely taken away from me!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm completely put off now :hihi: .. I don't think I could ever give up alot of the things mentioned here.. does that make me a bad person?! :confused:

I need so much peaceful chill out time to cope with normal everyday life I can't imagine not having that space and having WAY more to deal with into the bargain! Just the lack of sleep would kill me... I need 8 hours or else I can't function!

Archived