Originally posted by Dadda

2 miles! crikey no wonder your kids need a lift. It is a well known fact that walking any distance over 8 feet can actually cause children's legs to fall off.

I wonder if anyone has solved the problem of how to get from the front door to the car without having to walk all the way?:D

Obviously don't care about having fat and idle kids.

Walking around where I live is extremely dangerous due to the inconsiderate people from other areas using my road as a shortcut to work. I think that's every reason to use my car to transport my children to their school. Why should mothers have to walk so you can drive to work? Are you saying your job is more important than my kids education?

You try crossing several major roads with two kids on foot in the rush hour!

We all pay our road tax and can use our cars as we bloody well like.

Originally posted by wearetherobots

Unfortunately you cant continue to use your car how you like.

The school run seems to be generally acknowlaged as the major cause of congestion, so you can bet your life that a government will see it as an easy target to make a tangible difference.

Also, why dont you teach your kids how to use roads so that you know they are safe when you're not there. Then they can WALK TO SCHOOL ON THIER OWN!:thumbsup:

Originally posted by wearetherobots

Walking around where I live is extremely dangerous due to the inconsiderate people from other areas using my road as a shortcut to work. I think that's every reason to use my car to transport my children to their school. Why should mothers have to walk so you can drive to work? Are you saying your job is more important than my kids education?

Perhaps if the council spent money installing pedestrian crossings rather than paving residential streets with speed bumps this might not be a problem!

Originally posted by Andy C

Perhaps if the council spent money installing pedestrian crossings rather than paving residential streets with speed bumps this might not be a problem!

Pedestrian crossings aren't going to persuade people to abandon their cars but speed bumps will make them think twice about using a rat-run.

Since Stradbroke Road got the treatment i'd rather use an alternative route to get from Woodhouse to Richmond than suffer that.

Originally posted by alchresearch

Pedestrian crossings aren't going to persuade people to abandon their cars but speed bumps will make them think twice about using a rat-run.

Since Stradbroke Road got the treatment i'd rather use an alternative route to get from Woodhouse to Richmond than suffer that.

I agree. I used to use Carterknowle Road to get across to the Woodseats side of the city but since they put the speed bumps in I prefer using Abbeydale Road and cutting up thru' Nether Edge to/from Hunters Bar.

Ever noticed how few residents where there are speedbumps complain about them?

Originally posted by alchresearch

Perfectly true. Travelling down that road is now an uncomfortable nightmare.

Archived