Ride outs in Sheffield

• 3 weeks later...

Any brave souls up for the Rock and Blues festival this week-end?

Its not too far away, Pentrich, on the way to Belper from Clay Cross, (turn right after the first pub coming into Shirland). Some great bands on (and some not so great), lots going off.

Anyway if anyones there, and wants to meet up, we are camped at the bottom of row L and can be caught doing our favourite rally past-time of sitting, drinking, smoking and talking $h1te........

Weather permitting, a group of us are having a run out tomorrow evening. Anyone welcome, any ability.

Proberbly will be to Willingham Woods meet near Market Raisen.

Will be leaving the "Chequers Inn" WHISTON, Rotherham between 6:00 & 6:30. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Spitty

:clap: Helooooo. I'm a member of the Three Shires Branch of the HOC (Honda Owners Club) and we meet at the Travellers Pub just off junction 35 (M1, Chapeltown) on Monday nights. We have regular rideouts (tomorrow is Devils Bridge) and anyone who has owned a Honda (or is thinking of owning one) is welcome to join us regardless of what you ride now with no obligation to join (but we would love you to).

We're not fast (but we aint slow either) and cater for all levels of competency so if you fancy having a look, come to the pub or better yet join us on a rideout (tomorrow, Sunday 3rd, is meeting at the snackbar in the layby at Junc 35a M1 at 8am for a 8:30am start).

If you need any more info, let me know and ps, we are currently looking for members to go on the stand at the NEC (you get in for FREE) for a few hours.

Spitty.

Is this every Monday?

I currently ride an NC30 and am always looking for new meets and rides.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Just been rearended whilst sat at a roundabout waiting to join it, managed to keep it upright but only just, looked back and theres this girl holding her head mouthing "Sorry" at me!!

She reversed out from between my rear tyre and exhaust so I could walk the bike to the kerbside, exchanged details and she admitted liability.

Bike needs new exhuast, lights, tail tidy, numberplate and possibly new swingarm if bent??

There goes my fun for the summer!! :-(

Originally posted by Cbr Dave

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Just been rearended whilst sat at a roundabout waiting to join it, managed to keep it upright but only just, looked back and theres this girl holding her head mouthing "Sorry" at me!!

She reversed out from between my rear tyre and exhaust so I could walk the bike to the kerbside, exchanged details and she admitted liability.

Bike needs new exhuast, lights, tail tidy, numberplate and possibly new swingarm if bent??

There goes my fun for the summer!! :-(

Don't dispare, it may not be off the road as long as you think.

Get on to your insurers and tell them that she's admitted liability. Also point out that you NEED your bike for transport, it's not just a fun toy (even if it is) and that you want it back on the road asap.

If you have fully comp. insurance you may find that your company will stand the damages for you while they chase her insurance company for a payout.

I had a similar experience a couple of months back when another bike went in to the back of me at a junction.

I didn't sit around waiting for others, I got the parts myself, got my mate to fix it and chased the guy for the damages.

Good luck with it and the best way to look at today is that at least no one was hurt. If you walk away from a motorcycle crash then it's better than leaving one in an ambulance (I know, I've tried it and it hurts!)

Cheers Lalaland, alls good, the driver admitted liability to the insurance company and I have had the quote approved by her insurers, all being well I should be back on the bike at the end of the week! alot quicker than I thought, BTW she was with Norwich Union and they couldnt have sorted it any quicker.

So I'm getting a new swingarm, tailtidy, mini indicators, showplate and exhaust plus £15 a day to cover my alternative travel expenses until the bike is back with me.

Happy days and means I wont need to cancel my trackday at Brands next week!!

• 11 months later...
OH how I miss the warm, sticky roads of summertime:cry:

Roll on next year:clap:

Fair weather rules:thumbsup:

So we wait all year for the good weather and what do we get? Corners gritted in July due to the tarmac bubbling merrily away:evil:

Roll on Autumn: Damp, soggy, slippy leaf strewn roads:mad:

Roll on winter: Icey, wet grit strewn roads(somewhat akin to the Summer):x

Roll on Spring: Incessant rain:rolleyes:

Makes you wonder why we bother!...................................BECAUSE WE LOVE IT:thumbsup::clap::D

Archived