Ride outs in Sheffield

Yeah same here, caught the end of it, heard the sentence and thought - poor bloke, then my girlfriend called me and told me why and how reckless he had been, stupid stupid bloke, feel sorry for the girls family, I would never forgive myself if I did something as dumb as that. There again I wouldnt do anything that dumb! Have a safe ride if you get out this weekend!

• 2 weeks later...

Anything been arranged yet ?

I'm on call this week but ok after that. Just put my bike together after a spring fettle so need to put some miles on it.

Also, bike needs an MOT next month. Any decent bike garages around. I used to take my bike up to Earnshaws of Huddersfield when I lived in Penistone but I live in Sheffield now.

Col S

Triumph Sprint ST

Cols - I have always used cusworths for garage work, dont know how they compare but they seem to be ok, quick turn around.

Re Ride outs, I suggest we PM each other re meeting points etc

Dont want plod turning up to the meet and checking our bikes over do we??!!??

Reading through this thread i'm tempted to go out a buy a bike but family commitments won't allow and though i have always wanted one, i probably never will.

Got to stick to the peoples carrier, but i envy you lot, so go out and enjoy the wind in your hair and take care.

Respect your bike and it will respect you.

Wishing i was there.

CR

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all just been directed to this thread through those wonderful chaps from Google. Anyway I've just been and purchased myself a luvlly jubbly brand new Kwacker green ZX636R having decided to return to biking after an 8 year break. Being of the more mature flavour don't know any other bikers in the Sheffield area, would luv to buddy up with some of you guys for ride outs if thats OK. I'm still a bit rusty on my riding skills and am restricted to 60 mph whilst running in but safe and dead keen to get out and about again. Cheers Ralph

Archived