Ride outs in Sheffield

Did anyone make it to Sherburn last night?(Wed)

Can't believe how busy it is these days (for this time of year).

On saying that the last time I went, there were non of the new houses down by the old Squires cafe either.

Aaahhhh........the milk bar, well why didnt you say that......just kidding.....I have heard of it, never been and like Cols, I prob never will, not really bothered about a run to York from Sheffield, why bother when we have the best roads on our doorstep.

Saying that though...........I might be off to Chelsea bridge later, erm now actually, **** look at the time, gonna drive but it sounds like they do some crazy bike stunts down there every friday evening until the rozzers turn up anyway.

Report later............

Four of us had a good run yesturday (Whiston-Sheff-Buxton-Cat and Fiddle-Macclesfield. Back along Cat-Buxton-Matlock-Clay Cross-Whiston-Home):thumbsup: only for me to find some theiving #$*% has had it away with one of my bar ends!:evil:

The replacments I bought from Clay Cross (Motrax Crash Protector type) are about half the weight of the O.E. items.

Although I presume this will be nominal, what, if any effect will this have on handling?

Why are bar ends weighted?:confused:

I doubt you will notice any difference but would get a new one on soon, they do look better than the originals but unless you look at reducing the weight significantly in all areas of the bike, then it will probably feel the same.

BTW theiving scum!!

There again mine fell off last year after working loose, might of been that??

Didnt make it to chelsea bridge, got as far as the pub and thought better of it!

Went for a ride out on satuday - tried to follow the route we did the other night... found a few more roads, a backroad that goes up past millers dale and peak forest... scenic and twisty! Anyone up for a ride tomorrow evening?

John.

Archived