Longest running club night?

SonicBoomBoy

nope!! it started on bank holidays at the leadmill.!!! i was at the 1st 1. after a year it became very very popular. then to arches, which i attended all of them, then adelphi, again i attended all of them, then when they build the republic, only attended that for about 2 years solid... still go at least 3 times a year, as they say... it'll always be with you.. and up2 now it has hehe

Gatecrasher actually started in Birmingham not Sheffield, they did a few nights in Brum before coming to Sheffield. A little known fact but true.

Gatecrasher actually started in Birmingham not Sheffield, they did a few nights in Brum before coming to Sheffield. A little known fact but true.

yeah i no it did. it started at the leadmill when it started in sheffield, as other posters wasn't aware it was at the leadmill before the archers, i believe scott bond was 1 of the people to start it off

yeah i no it did. it started at the leadmill when it started in sheffield, as other posters wasn't aware it was at the leadmill before the archers, i believe scott bond was 1 of the people to start it off

Yeah sorry mate, should have read the rest! Yeah Scot Bond was one of the co-founders of Gatecrasher, legend!!

I first came to Sheffield as a bright eyed student in 1992. Drop was already an established feature at City Hall as was Hot Pants. I can't think of anything else that is still going. I'm not sure what's on at the leadmill these days. But back then it was the eighties night on a Wednesday and then 70's on a thursday. I seem to remember Rise starting on a Friday in my 3rd year, so that would be 94/95 ish.

I think Blessed and Bubblegum at Gatecrasher has been running roughly around 10 years +

Rise at the Leadmill around 12 +

Stardust at Hallam uni, I think 10, not sure

Also Love2be 12 + but not the force it used to be

the republic (gatecrasher) opened in dec 95 and the monday night was called the bomb for at least 2 years, blessed and bubblegum have probably been running since about 98 or 99.

rise and love2be have not been continuously running by any means.

stardust - dunno.

gatecrasher aka crasher has been running since at least 95 which would make it 11

• 2 weeks later...

Archived