Funny product warnings

Not a warning label but on a Pepparami the pork content is apparently 108% :loopy:

That's normal with salamis and cured pork products to state a pork content of over 100% and quite correct. The pork dries in the curing process so it starts with more weight of pork than it ends up with.

108% is quite low, but Pepparami isn't a high quality salami.

Marks & Spencers Lamb Shank "Contains Bones"

Sent them an email pointing out obviously it contains bones otherwise it wouldn't be lamb shank.

Sent me a £20.00 gift voucher and thanked my for stating the bleeding obvious!

They have removed the warning

I've already mentioned this one, a while ago, but I found it so bizzarre i have to repeat it.

I bought a "newborn baby set" as a gift for my newborn nephew.

it contained various bits and pieces of equipment you'd need for a newborn, but on the package, it read

"Warning, contents not suitable for babies or children under three years of age!!!"

how :loopy: is that? :confused:

AIUI it's because to be certified as safe for under 3's, products must undergo additional (read: extra cost) testing. Many manufacturers decide to simply say "not suitable for under 3's" and let parents take responsibility.

lol - Suitable for vegetarians

It always amuses (and slightly disturbs me) that it says 'suitable for vegetarians' on cartons of pure orange juice. It leads me to think 'why would my fruit juice contain parts of an animal?' And does this mean that juice not marked as such does? :suspect:

they have to put all sorst of daft warnings in now because off the ideiot american hu was drivin in a camper van and put cruise controle on then got up went in the back and made some coffie

Aha you mean this guy don't you?

Mr Merv Grazinski of Oklahoma City.

In November 2000 Mr Grazinski purchased a brand new 32 foot

Winnebago motor home. On his first trip home, having joined

the freeway, he set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly

left the drivers seat to go into the back and make himself

a cup of coffee. Not surprisingly the Winnie left the

freeway, crashed and overturned. Mr Grazinski successfully sued Winnebago

for not advising him in the handbook that he couldn't actually

do this. He was awarded $1,750,000 plus a new Winnie. (Winnebago

actually changed their handbooks on the back of this court

case, just in case there are any other complete morons

buying their vehicles.)

That's normal with salamis and cured pork products to state a pork content of over 100% and quite correct. The pork dries in the curing process so it starts with more weight of pork than it ends up with.

108% is quite low, but Pepparami isn't a high quality salami.

Well you learn something new every day! So it refers to the weight rather than the volume?

It always amuses (and slightly disturbs me) that it says 'suitable for vegetarians' on cartons of pure orange juice. It leads me to think 'why would my fruit juice contain parts of an animal?' And does this mean that juice not marked as such does? :suspect:

It's actually to do with the additives they put into things like juice, (the vitamins and emulsifiers etc)

Some of them may have animal derivatives, and therefore aren't suitable for veggies. (certain vitamins are animal derived and certain food colourants like cochineal are made from insects)

It's the same with things like yoghurt. Many have gelatine in them as a thickener :gag: Which is actually something I find ridiculous. Yoghurt is milk, starter and fruit purée. Why the heck they need to put such garbage in yoghurts is beyond me. Maybe it's to disguise the fact that it's cag...

There is an app I use on my phone which tells us what is safe and what isn't, called "halal or haram" which tells you whether or not an e-number is of animal derivation, and, fortunately for me, also whether a product contains alcohol which is forbidden.

It's actually to do with the additives they put into things like juice, (the vitamins and emulsifiers etc)

Some of them may have animal derivatives, and therefore aren't suitable for veggies. (certain vitamins are animal derived and certain food colourants like cochineal are made from insects)

It's the same with things like yoghurt. Many have gelatine in them as a thickener :gag: Which is actually something I find ridiculous. Yoghurt is milk, starter and fruit purée. Why the heck they need to put such garbage in yoghurts is beyond me. Maybe it's to disguise the fact that it's cag...

There is an app I use on my phone which tells us what is safe and what isn't, called "halal or haram" which tells you whether or not an e-number is of animal derivation, and, fortunately for me, also whether a product contains alcohol which is forbidden.

Yes. There are similar lists of non-Kosher 'e number' additives.

Archived