Rivelin Swimming Lake

smary

Does anyone remember going to the pools at Rivelin, Malin Bridge - it used to be one of the highlights of the six weeks holiday - remember sitting of the weir having a photo - wearing of course the elasticated swim suit and rubber hat. I am really that old!!!!

Does anyone remember going to the pools at Rivelin, Malin Bridge - it used to be one of the highlights of the six weeks holiday - remember sitting of the weir having a photo - wearing of course the elasticated swim suit and rubber hat. I am really that old!!!!
i remember them smary,used to take my kids,i remember on really hot days they were so full the kids couldnt bend to touch the water,the little cafe did a good trade in tea and ice creams and the pub wasnt that bad either..:)

It was always a 'toss up' whether we went to the paddling pools at Millhouses or the ones at Rivelin. I don't think I had a preference, but if Dad was going it was always Rivelin 'cus he preffered the Holly Bush Pub.

As well as spending many happy hours splashing around at Rivelin my friend,her Mum and I enjoyed collecting juicy Blackberries up a hill further along Rivelin Valley Rd.And our Mum"s then made lovely jam,and blackberry pies.The fresh air,sunshine, and exercise made two little girls tired but very content.Bliss!

Archived