Anyone from lowedges 82-90

helibish

Yes, I used to knock round all those places - but much earlier!!!!!!

Lived up there from being at junior school way back in 50's until I got married in 68. I was one of the very first intake of first years in the junior school on Lowedges Road when it was brand new (it was called Bradway County School back then!!) and for the first year, there were only three years of pupils in the school. My memories include the top field and bottom field - now more familiar as the road from Meadowhead to Bradway (top field) and the park at the bottom of the estate! We used to walk through the bottom field. over the stream and through the farmers fields. If we went through the top field, we could go up the cinder track to the village too, past the allotments.

Oh happy days :thumbsup:

• 9 months later...

I grew up on Lowedges , but left in 1983. I was at Jordo though when it changed to Meadowhead and have now been back in the area for 7yrs. I went to Lowedges nursery and juniors and also was a regular at the youth club. Wow happy days when they had the playscheme in the park and the discos lol..

Archived